1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 Draft TE's?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Aug 16, 2012.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    Anyone know if there will be anyone worthy of dropping a 1st rounder on?

I know the guy from Notre Dame is supposed to be good.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I have high hopes for Hannah. If he is what we think he might be, no sense in dropping a #1 on a TE. Though you never know what the season will bring.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,212 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    I hope nobody does.

1st round TE would be a wreck.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,398 Messages
    6,425 Likes Received
    Eifert's the guy right now. Of course a whole lot can change over the season.

Another TE highly hyped is Stanford's Levine Toilolo. I've seen scouts quoted as saying he was a better pure talent than Fleener and would really emerge now that's he's gone. The dude is 6'8".
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    Does not look like a strong TE draft.
  6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I'm also hoping that Hanna may be the #2 TE we've been searching for. He's got some size at 6-5 253 pounds. He is apparently very strong and a willing but underwhelming blocker on the edge. He seems to catch everything thrown his way clearly. But the thing that excites me most about this guy is he has run as fast as 4.43 in the 40 and the ability to exploit mismatches with a 2-TE set with him and Witten are immense. Both of those guys are mismatches for LBs and most Safeties. The Safeties have to contend with Dez and Austin so they are going to be limited in what help they can offer. The LBs have to be alert to the run since this is a 2-TE set and we could easily outnumber them in the box if they drop out of there quickly and we run our famous draw.

So I really do hope we see this formation a whole bunch this year and Hanna sees a ton of balls go his way on intermediate and deep routes and not just the short passes in the flat that he has mostly caught this preseason. His athleticism jumps off of the page when you look at his combine - he's faster than Gronk, Aaron Hernandez, that GB TE/WR and Jimmy Graham. He's just a tick slower than Vernon Davis. He fell in the draft because of concerns about his hands but he seems to have mostly solved that problem in TC and preseason games so I think the coaches must have found a fixable problem or he worked really hard on it since the Combine.

The other part of Hanna solving our problem is it would free up more draft picks to fix the OL, DL and developmental QB.
  7. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,842 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    I'd prefer focusing on either areas as I really think Hanna could be the guy.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    I don't.

If there is an elite playmaker where we are drafting and it happens to be a TE than I think you pick that player.

If Gronkowski was there for us to pick would you not take him?
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,275 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    I like this guy from the little i've seen.
  10. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,362 Messages
    523 Likes Received
    Not draft eligible until 2014, but Austin Seferian-Jenkins from Washington will be a very high pick. Might be in that Winslow Jr./Vernon Davis class of TE prospect.
  11. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,744 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I'd rather spend the first rounder on a lineman. Offensive or Defensive.
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    We may have found our guy in Hanna.

I am so anxious to see what he will do this season.

I have dreams about going out in 2-TE formation. Then splitting Hanna out in the slot with Witten on the line. Then at the snap we get Hanna running down the seam with Witten running a route underneath and maybe Dez running a hard dig route. We'll put so much stress on the safeties about whether to come out and help with Dez or Witten or stay back to help cover Hanna.

If he does what I think he can do he can change this whole offenses persona. We can finally be the 2-TE multiple formation team that we have been trying to establish since we drafted Fasano back in 2006.