1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Dino, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Dino

Dino Benched

57 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would like to draft in the first

Barrett Jones, T/G/C, Alabama
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 311.

play him at C but that will not happen

I expect DE/OLB in the first

Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.

Jackson Jeffcoat*, DE, Texas
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 250.

2 round

I still want a BIG GUY PLAYING THE MIDDLE

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 320

Jonathan Jenkins*, DT, Georgia
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 351.

Then I want to draft this guy at QB

Alex Carder, QB, Western Michigan
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 224.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.61.
    Projected Round (2013): 4-6.
    5/8/12: Carder has been a prolific passer for Western Michigan and was a 2011 Second-Team All-MAC performer as a junior. He lit up Purdue in his bowl game completing 31-of-57 passes for 439 yards and three touchdowns. Carder played well against Illinois and Michigan as well. Against Connecticut, He completed 37-of-51 passes for 479 yards with five touchdowns and zero interceptions, carrying the Broncos to a road win over the Huskies.

Carder completed 3,873 yards with 31 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 2011. He has a nice arm and is a good decision maker. His senior season will be more difficult without star wide receiver Jordan White.

Carder completed 63 percent of his throws for 3,334 yards with 30 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He has been extremely efficient for Western Michigan.
  2. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Would love to add Barrett Jones.

I'm also going to be watching the two pass rushers from LSU (Montgomery, Mingo) although they might go higher than Dallas will be picking.

Johnathan Hankins is another guy to keep an eye on.

Overall, should be a good year for pass rushers and safeties which should line up with areas of need for Dallas.
  3. Dino

Dino Benched

57 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am looking at Centers in 1 or 2

Khaled Holmes, C, USC
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 305.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.58.
    Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
    5/14/12: Holmes had an impressive 2011 season and was a second team Pac-12 selection. He was a fabulous pass protector for Matt Barkley. Holmes also did a good job of opening up holes in the ground game for Curtis McNeal and Marc Tyler

a bunch of good junior OG'S could be coming out

also DE

Bjourn Werner, DE, Florida State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 273.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
    Projected Round (2013): 1.

5/14/12: Werner is strong, physical beast at the line of scrimmage. He pushes offensive line around and plays with violence. The Berlin, Germany product combines a good motor with a mean streak. Werner is a tough run defender at the point of attack. At times in 2011, Werner, a sophomore, outplayed teammate Brandon Jenkins. Werner (6-4, 273) broke out with some dominating games and seven sacks in 2011. He also had 37 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, one interception, one forced fumble and eight pass breakups. Werner had 3.5 sacks as a true freshman in 2010. Don't be surprised if Werner has a massive 2012 season.