1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by The Realist, Aug 14, 2012.

1. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1) Barrett Jones LG Alabama

2) Khaleed Holmes C USC

S, DL, WR and possibly RB after that.

So tired of a patch work OL year after year.
  2. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I like it. I was just going over what we could do next year for the Oline. Jones and Holmes appear to be the only two centers that at present are worth anything next year--Possibly Travis Frederick-Wisconsin My thought was to get a very good center in Free Agency--Who???? and then Barrett Jones in first round. That keeps our 2nd Pick for DL,S,WR,etc.
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,302 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Way to early guys, I'm not picking a OG in the top 10. You have no clue right now who will be available and other positions of need. Max Unger is a guy we have to go after this offseason and mayhem one of the OGs from Buffalo. I'm all for darting OL early but I'm not going to pass up a great future hall of fame player for a OG.
  4. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    It's such a deep draft for safeties, that I think we should spend one pick in either the 1st or 2nd on one and take advantage of the depth.
  5. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I saw recently that Seattle signed a 4 yr. extension with Unger. So I assume he won't be available.
  6. supercowboy8

5,302 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Yeah just saw that as well. To bad no other good centers are free, good centers are hard to come by, going to have to look for one in the draft, but still to early to pin point any player now.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,270 Messages
    4,817 Likes Received

Max Unger
    7/29/2009: Signed a five-year, $25.5 million contract. The deal contains $12 million guaranteed -- a $5.5 million signing bonus and all of Unger's first two base salaries. 2012: $2.5 million, 2013: $4 million, 2014-2015: $4.5 million, 2016: $4.25 million (+ $250,000 roster bonus), 2017: Free Agent
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,391 Messages
    1,257 Likes Received
    It wont go that way. Should it? Yep. Jerry gonna draft another pass rusher and QB.
  9. supercowboy8

5,302 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    Pass rusher might be a need with Spencer in his last year and looking at the real good pass rushers that's going to be in this draft. NT and DE and safety might also be there for us to take.
  10. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A) It's not too early to tell our OL sucks.

B) It's not too early to tell that Unger resigned.

C) If we are top 10, which I doubt, I clearly wouldn't take a guard who is a late first early 2nd type player.

How do we not have a clue what positions of need will be?
  11. supercowboy8

5,302 Messages
    293 Likes Received
    We do have a clue of positions we need but you cant just say draft a OG because you have no clue where we will be drafting or what players will be there. We need more than just OG and C. We have no clue about our WRs right now. Saftey, and OLB are two other positions and DE and NT.

Its easy to say our OL sucks now and I agree but just to say draft these guys now is pointless, you have no clue what college players can make runs up the boards, there has't even been a college game yet, then you have the bowls, senior bowl, combine and workouts. It's pointless now.
    Also what if another D Ware type player, or JJ Watt, or next pro bowl NT or safety is there, you want to draft a OG, it's pointless to talk draft and make mocks until after the season. You can talk about the players you like but to make a mock draft now is pointless.
  12. The Realist

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It isn't pointless to make projections right now. I do this every year and so do a lot of people. I'll bet you 100k right now that there isn't another D Ware in next year's draft. I already know who our starting WR's are next year and we aren't takingo on in one next year. I also wouldn't take a #3 WR in 2. None of the positions you mentioned are a bigger need than OG/OC for this team, but if a better player at those positions were there on the board of course they are a condideration for me (except WR).