1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 NBA playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by MC KAos, Apr 18, 2013.

1. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He was asking for 4 years and between 54-56 mil. That's only 2 mil a year more than ibaka. They couldn't even offer him the max, the most he could have gotten from them was 4 yr/ 60 mil, similar to brook Lopez.
  2. MC KAos

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Sure you can, the bulls did it in the 90s with just a 2 and 3. You can find the kukoc's and rodmans of the world on the cheap, if you have the talent at the wings it's fine. They could have had asik and harden, for example, for less than perk and ibaka, and they would be a lot better off. Ibaka is good, but he isn't Hakeem, he'll, he isn't even mutombo, his one on one D is overrated
  3. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great guitarists Staff Member

36,193 Messages
    3,163 Likes Received
    Thought Boston was going to make a miracle comeback last night. They just came up a little short.
  4. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received

I think Westbrook is one of the best players in the league. I still think the Thunder are a good team though. Any time you have Durant the team is going to be dangerous.
  5. RastaRocket

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Ya Ibaka is a good shot blocker and because of that people overrate his defense. I still think it was smart to sign him up though.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,005 Messages
    3,950 Likes Received
    Rockets inexperience showed up at the worst possible time in addition to missing Carlos Delfino. But I'm not mad at how the series played out. They played them hard and close in all but one game, so I know they gave it their all.

Thunder looked beatable with Westbrook, but still a really good team. They looked average without him and some of those other guys will need to continue to step up. Otherwise, it'll be a quick out in the next series.
  7. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

11,401 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Harden is over-rated, like a lesser Carmelo. Movement slows when he has the ball and he holds onto the ball way too long. He can win you a couple games here and there, especially in the regular season, but that is about it.
  8. MC KAos

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Problem is having to make adjustments on the side. Had he gotten hurt, say, in early march, they could have readjusted and had time to practice their new offense. I still don't know that if the thunder by some happenstance beat the grizzle, we don't see Westbrook somehow come back in the WCF. Ron Artest came back from the injury 9 days after surgery, I think it's supposed to be a 4-6 week thing, though admittedly I'm not entirely sure.
  9. RastaRocket

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Melo 10-28. It's going to be a long series for him with Pacers D guarding him.
  10. RastaRocket

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    Ya he shouldn't be a #1 option. He's better fit as a #2 option.
  11. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,618 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Carmelo "The Black Hole" Anthony has never seen a shot he wouldn't take, no matter how poor or inappropriate. He has always been a 1 on 5 type of player. This is why he will most likely never win a Championship.+

MJ was one of the biggest ballhogs of all-time, but even he passed quite a bit, especially early in games. Kobe, another all-time ballhog, made sure Shaq and Gasol got theirs.

Melo is one of the most selfish players I have ever watched....he is right up ther with Iverson and Marbury.
  12. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Watching that Knicks/Pacers game was frustrating. As a Wizards fan, I don't care which one of these teams wins. But watching Carmelo shoot his team to a L is annoying. And I'm not a fan, I can only imagine how pissed Knicks players and fans get.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,476 Messages
    793 Likes Received
    You mean the NY fans chanting MVP?
  14. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,618 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Melo is a volume shooter, but not a volume maker.....He is the anti-Bernard King.
  15. RastaRocket

5,856 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I hate on him all the time in this thread but ya he sucks. It's the only reason he leads the league in points.
  16. Noryb

Noryb Member

512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's hard to believe some people think he's the best scorer in the league.
  17. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,485 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    Cmon Chicago, spoil LeBron's night!
  18. NIBGoldenchild

NIBGoldenchild Active Member

968 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I'm sure they were too drunk to realize what was going on. :)
  19. romomania

romomania Active Member

527 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    this game is good
  20. MC KAos

7,494 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    They won't be able to finish it