1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2013 Round 1 pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JackWagon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Who will still be on the Geno Smith bandwagon after he is made to look stupid against the Texas Longhorns this Saturday ?
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I'm hoping Texas wins, but the realist in me has convinced me to bookmark your post so that I can bump it after the game.
  3. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    oh oh I got our draft pick at QB

TCU quarterback Casey Pachall was suspended indefinitely Thursday, hours after he was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated in his second brush with trouble this year and one that clouds the 15th-ranked Horned Frogs' push for a Big 12 title.
  4. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    I'd be okay with that, as long as we are hitting FA and the rest of the draft for OL and DL.

In the 1st round, I'm totally onboard with taking the BPA, regardless of position.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    Only his second?

His tattoos look like he's already served time.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Future superstar. He's got the whole package. Great arm strength, very accurate, can run with the football, make plays outside the pocket like Romo does, etc. I really don't see a weakness in his game.
  7. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

921 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    Totally agree.
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,512 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    sadly enough, that may be accurate, we're terrible
  9. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,740 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I could see top-10, and that to me means a stud defensive player. Barkley and Geno Smith are looking like probably the first two picks of the draft. Then you have Lotulelei, Hankins, Jarvis Jones, Montgomery and Mingo.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    If Dallas is Top 10, they have to go OT.

Unless Doug Free somehow does a complete 180, Dallas needs another OT.
  11. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,740 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Which OT do you draft in the top-10?

I take BPA, which is gonna prolly be a DL or LB.
  12. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,318 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    I am a Longhorns fan too, but they did not exactly "make him look stupid." The guy looked pretty darn good last night...
    :starspin
  13. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    First three rounds: center, DLine, safety in any order

Center is a must. No more Costa, Arkin, Cook, etc. You have to invest in someone for the future that can start for 5+ years like Stepnoski or Gurode. It's become the second most important position on the OLine next to LT for this team. You can scheme to give help to a struggling LT or RT but you can't if your center is getting blown up

Livings and Bernardeau are nothing good either but unfortunately we're stuck with them for at least another few years :(
  14. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,470 Messages
    174 Likes Received

Centers rarely ever go in the first round. So your picks would likely be: DL/C/Safety or DL/S/C if those are the three your after. Just saying, outside of Pouncey, how often is a Center taken in the first? Usually 2-5 range for them.
  15. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Why are we stuck with them for a few more years. We can cut them when ever we want.
    Living we might be stuck with one more year but bernardeau contract is very good. We can't cut him with out hardly any cap hit.

Cook has graded out as the 16th best center. The two OGs are awful and have graded out as so. This draft is loaded with OGs this year. We would be stupid to let one if not 2 slip by. I would take two OGs this year right now before I would take a center in this draft.

I would take Barrett Jones but I think he is more of a LG then a center in the NFL.
    Right now I don't like any of the senior center in college. I'm not going to reach just to say I have a center.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    We're talking about a team that always gets rid of players too late rather than too early or at the right time. I don't see Jerry changing that philosophy with Bernardeau and Livings...they will be here next year for sure
  17. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,899 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee.
  18. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    anyone, as long as they're big, mean and can win in a phonebooth.
  19. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    After this OU game at the cottenbowl I would expect him to be available, they got their --ses smashed. I watched on purpose to see their prowess and came away unimpressed. That OU defense looked stout or else Texas is really lame. Gives one something to think about in Kansas State.
  20. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,356 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys are in the top 10, how in the world do they not strongly consider a quarterback? Hopefully we don't plan on being that high again anytime soon.