1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2014 Boston Red Sox Action

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by FuzzyLumpkins, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,717 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Neither of these 2 teams should be terribly worried about playing October baseball, but we need to discuss something much more serious:

Is Jacoby Ellsbury the worst free agent signing of all time, or what? The guy finally got his average over .280 and they are thinking of throwing him a parade. He had one great season 3 years ago and so the idiot Yankees decide to throw him $150 mil. Don't worry, NYers.... you only have another 6 years, ~$130 million with him. LOLOLOL
    WPBCowboysFan likes this.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I dont, either 3B or corrner OF.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2014/...rts-stand-historically-among-shortstop-rookie
  3. Beelzebot

Beelzebot New Member

13 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Why don't you think he can stay at short? His defense at short in the minors was acceptable and he's still only 21. I think he has the potential to be at least an average defensive shortstop which will boost his offensive value.

I can't believe I found a Red Sox thread on a Cowboys message board!
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,396 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    SS is a premium defensive position and I dont see him ever fielding the position well enough to justify leaving him there. His bat OTOH looks more like corner OF or 3B. Sox have a strong defensive SS at Portland Devin Marerro now who will likely hit well enough to to play in the bigs sometime in the next year. I think the Middlebrooks experiment is over and that he eventually becomes a consistent 240 20 HR 80 RBI guy, just not in Boston. Sox have a 17 YO tearing up the DSL named Devers who was their top international signing last year. Keep an an eye on him over the next few years.