1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2014 QB Class is STACKED - Cowboys Options

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Aug 14, 2013.

1. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

382 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I remember watching Stephen Morris last year against NCState I believe where he lit them up.. Again this was NCSU but i think the kid threw for almost 600 yards.
  2. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Yep, threw for an ACC-record 566 yards as well as 5 TD's. He's got elite arm talent. The question is whether he can run an NFL offense, which I believe he can. He makes great NFL throws already at Miami. He's perfected the back-shoulder throw ala Aaron Rodgers. His overall game reminds me of Rodgers' too. He just needs to become more consistent this year.
  3. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    sorry I only waste my QB picks on these guys - don't think we use a high pick on one this year

I don't see hows it so loaded

Brett Hundley**, QB, UCLA
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 227.
    Projected Round (2014): 1-3.

A.J. McCarron, QB, Alabama
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.79.

Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

David Fales, QB, San Jose State
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 220.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.73.

4. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Jeff Matthews, QB, Cornell
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 225.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.87.
    Projected Round (2014): ???
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,986 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    Johnny Manziel 6'0" uh no, closer to 5'9".
  6. IAmLegend

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    He's listed at 6'1". I took an inch away cause I know he's not that tall and he said himself in an interview during the Cotton Bowl that he's 6'0" on the nose.
  7. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,986 Messages
    223 Likes Received
    maybe with tall cleats. I know way too many aggie students that see him around and they all laugh at how anyone could think he's 6'0".
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Not sure if he's going to go pro or not but my guy is Taylor Kelly. Watch out for a break out year from him.

9. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,423 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Im a UGA fan, if Aaron Murray and UGA can make it through the first 4 games (@clemson,S.Carolina,N.Texas,LSU) they have a great chance of running the table.Thats a big IF though.

Braxton Miller is going to be really intriguing to teams. Shocked he isnt on that list.
  10. IAmLegend

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    I actually like Taylor Kelly. Only saw him play a couple games last season but I liked what I saw. He's a dual-threat and shows good poise. I'd have to watch more tape on him though to really get a good feel for him. I'd bet that he returns to school for his Senior season so he'd be a 2015 prospect.
  11. IAmLegend

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Braxton Miller needs to improve a lot as a pocket passer before NFL teams start looking at him seriously as a high-round draft pick. He has great athleticism and decent size at 6'1, but he tucks and runs far too often if his first read isn't there. And he's inconsistent with his accuracy. this year will be big for him to show if he's improved.
  12. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,434 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Yeah, Green Bay was so dumb for drafting Aaron Rodgers in the 1st round when they had Brett Favre.
  13. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,324 Messages
    273 Likes Received

Generally, if you don't have a first-round quarterback, the rest of it doesn't matter.
  14. IAmLegend

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    After tonight, I don't think Derek Carr's going to be a sleeper pick anymore... His stat line:

52-73, 453 yards & 5 TD's....

Yes, you read that right. The man threw the ball 73 times!! And was really clutch in leading his team back to a victory in OT against a solid Rutgers D. He looked elite out there and made great throws all night. If this is any indication of his season, I fully expect him to shoot up draft boards and possibly even be a 1st round pick. Only one game though, so I won't overreact.
  15. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

585 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I'm interested to see what Aaron Murray does. He has RBs that can set up some nice play action passes.
  16. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    yea but do we
  17. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,423 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    His fate will be decided in the first 4 games.

@Clemson, S.Carolina,N.Texas, LSU.
    If he can put up good numbers through that stretch, he'll go in the first round. If not, prob 2nd-3rd. He is a good QB, but he HAS to show up in a big game.
  18. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    The QB for NIU, Jordan Lynch looks pretty good. Has got size, speed, and seems accurate.
  19. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,301 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    I really like Jeff I think he can be a stud prototypical QB.
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  20. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Not impressed with Murray. He's just not an elite prospect like he's made out to be. Maybe a 3rd round pick or so