1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

2nd round distinct possibility QB Kapernick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 19, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Finally, every scout I’ve talked with does not think there is any “proof in the pudding” that Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick is a potential first round pick. Citing that there is just too much work to be done. However, I am hearing the second round is a distinct possibility.

Follow me on twitter: @WesBunting

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFL-draft-rumors-6583.html
  2. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    :D i made some posts about how cowboys like kaepernick QB, especially how Jason Garrett likes him, along with andy dalton;

some of you said, he wont go that high in 2nd round, well, hmmmm, what does this say. I say he can go anywhere from 2nd to 4th round, but will be gone by 4th round for sure, and i get sneaky suspicion jason garrett might take him by 2nd or 3rd round if he is there, if not qb from nevada, then possibly andy dalton

a member on zone posted how jason garrett was really mimicking Kepernick moves etc at senior bowl, etc... and jason garrett seemed to like the qb from nevada :D
  3. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    dodah, do dah day, :D

Colin Kaepernick: Has a huge arm, is a great athlete, and has a huge frame...He's going to rise a bit. Probably a second round-type guy. There’s just so much work that has to be done with that young man.
    Mayock conf call 2/17/11 talking various players
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206109
  4. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    discount the possibility of him going late in the 1st round. Remember that Tebow was supposed to be at best a late 2nd round pick, at worst a 3rd round pick. It only takes 1 team who thinks highly of him to pull the trigger and any of the top 15 teams who think needs a QB of the future could be tempted to trade up late into the 1st round to get him. Arizona or Tennessee, who's systems would fit him like a glove, might go with a top defensive player, or might even trade down a bit and still get a defensive player they like, and still move up late in the first and select him.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    thats true buddy, he could go high there, possibly even to the patriots with their 28th pick, their going to need a qb before too long but patriots also have best i remember very first pick in 2nd round too

so they could take him there too, if he lasts that long, but I still think jason garrett is interested in Kaeperniski too
  6. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I've been thinking for awhile that he has PATRIOT written all over him... They will use him in different ways, possibly wild cat or WR.

Then groom him to take Brady's spot down the road, or trade him(Matt Cassell).
  7. cowboyjoe

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    yep, thats why i think jason garrett maybe interested in him too, can do so many things, wildcat, some wr, can really run, and scramble too, and got a rocket arm, just needs alot of grooming and teaching,

thats where garrett and wade wilson would come in
  8. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I've been watching him all year, and love his game. Glad he is getting all this buzz. He has a huge arm, and is lighting quick. Strange for a guy his size. He's a guy that needs to be on the field making plays while learning how to play QB.

Give him two years to learn the position, and he could be a quicker version of Josh Freeman.
  9. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,843 Messages
    69 Likes Received
  11. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,224 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    I dont want a QB with the second pick.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,309 Messages
    2,037 Likes Received
    If we go QB in the 2nd............wow, I will be speechless. That would be about the dumbest move of the draft, total waste of a pick. What is he going to do, hold a clipboard until Romo retires?
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,995 Messages
    2,389 Likes Received
    I like Colin Kaepernick as a QB, but not in the 2nd round for us. We have other key areas we could address in the first three rounds before we select a QB.

If he's there in the 4th round when we pick, I'd go for it. Otherwise, just let it be.