1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

3/20 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Mar 20, 2014.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,561 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    1st Round- Kony Ealy DE Mizzu- Ealy isn't my #1 choice, but with Donald climbing boards and not looking all that likely at 16 the best pass rushing DE seems like Jerry's most likely choice. Ealy has prototypical 4-3 DE size and length with superb athleticism as well. He's a bit of a project now, but his ceiling is as high as any players.

2nd Round- Davante Adams WR Fresno St- Some of these extremely talented WR's have to drop, its just a sheer #'s game. Adams isn't a burner but at 6'1 215 with great ball skills he should be a very productive NFL WR. Insane college #'s say a lot, even if they came against inferior competition.

3rd Round- Joel Bitonio G Nevada- Successful college LT who should transition great to G in a ZBS. Good size with long arms and was one of the best athletes of any O-lineman at the combine aside from the 3 top T's.

4th Round- Caraun Reid DT Princeton- Stocky and strong but extremely quick off the ball. Can play either the 1 or 3, either way he does a great job shoot gaps and getting in the backfield.

5th Round- Justin Ellis DT La Tech- Huge beast of a man at 326 with the quickness of someone much smaller. Fast off of the snap and can walk guards back with his strength. Even if just a rotational player he should be a force.

7th Round- James Morris LB Iowa- Very Productive Big 10 LB who brings toughness to the field. Could be a very good ST player and valuable backup.

7th Round- Pierre Warren FS Jacksonville State- 6'1 200 lbs and had 5 INT's and 12 pass breakups last year. Athletic enough to take a look.

7th Round- George Atkinson III RB Notre Dame- 6'1 220 with 4.4 speed and not much tread on his tires. Worth a look in camp as well. Kick returner

Fla Cowpoke likes this.
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

10,821 Messages
    5,511 Likes Received
    good draft

you only picked 3 in rd 7 but we will have at least 5 picks, 2 of which we can trade since they are not comp picks

trade those for a rd 6 pick and take Ben Gardner , DE and that makes it an even better draft

3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,561 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Yeah I've been doing that in pretty much every mock I've done. I'm a huge Gardner fan

waving monkey likes this.
  4. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

5,949 Messages
    3,145 Likes Received
    I personally hope the top 3 picks go defense.

5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

39,540 Messages
    10,668 Likes Received
    I like it. While yes, I would like to see more defensive players in the first 3 picks, I still believe in the BPA scenario. And if it's a WR and a guard in rounds 2 & 3, then so be it.

6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

4,561 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    I really believe there is going to be either a really good WR or RB still left in the 2nd and Jerry won't pass on that player. And I can't say I would too angry if we were to get Adams, Allen Robinson, Tre Mason, or Carlos Hyde