1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

3 round Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 5, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,212 Messages
    605 Likes Received
    1st round - Robert Quinn

2nd round - trade up to pick# 34 and give away #105 - Anthony Castanzo/Tyron Smith..I have a feeling one of these tackles will be available

3rd round - Deunta Williams
  2. acer941

acer941 Member

222 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Thats better :rolleyes:
  3. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,928 Messages
    268 Likes Received

make that 3rd rounder john moffit then williams in 4 and i'd be as happy as a pig in poop(especially smith over castanzo)
  4. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    If we can get one of the tackles w/ our 2nd pick thatd be awesome
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    That is a very high risk/high reward draft. All three of those players could turn out to be complete busts or any other foreseeable conversation.

There isn't a "sure" pick in the litter, but if they turned out to be good at their position, it would be quite the coup.
  6. rathalarge

rathalarge Active Member

1,599 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Castanzo going by mid 1st Round. The Tyron kid mid-late 1st Round so this aint happening!
  7. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Quinn's a player, just don't want him for a 3-4. Not big enough. I would rather get Marcel Dareus who can play all 3-4 d-line positions super effectively and is NFL ready.

No thank you to Castonzo.

This video will support both accounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJrjwjf55c

I would take either of the 2 corners at #9 and get Seymour in FA. This defense needs his leadership and moxie.

If Fairley somehow got down to #6, which he won't since he will probably go #1 overall, I would move up to get him.

There will be a good tackle at the top of round 2.
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    Not big enough? Quinn is bigger than Ware, is 20 years old and broke lifting records at a school Peppers went to
  9. AKATheRake

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Quinn is 270 lbs. That's not big enough to play DE in a 3-4 unless you are projecting him for OLB on Spencer's side.

We won't be drafting another OLB with our first pick. Spencer is staying and starting.

So were is our need for Quinn unless it is on the d-line where he is only suitable for a 4-3 anyways in the DE capacity due to his size?

That's why I am saying Marcell Dareus is much more useful to us. He's actually the better prospect anyways. May go top 5 to Denver or the Bengals. Maybe Cleveland at 6. May drop right to us.

If he doesn't, 1 of the 2 corners most likely does.

I didn't type DE after 3-4 but that was my thinking. That's probably why I seemed off my rocker with the size thing. Lol!
  10. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received

Yea, I knew you were mistaken somewhere. Either you were thinking of Von Miller or had him at the wrong position

I dont care about Spencer. He isnt good enough to dissuade me from drafting a guy who reminds me a lot of Demarcus.

There are guys like Dareus floating around all the time. Guys like Quinn go for $100M in free agency
  11. AKATheRake

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I had a video link of Quinn playing up against Castonzo with 5 mins of footage in my previous post.

Definitely know who Quinn is. I like him a lot too. I see some serious pressure out of him too.

Here's another Quinn link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNoYxbvKxXE

Marcell Dareus has as sick a size/strength/speed ratio as any player in the draft also.

He's pro ready and only a junior. The guy can still put 15 lbs on and play NT if we wanted him too. We could keep him at 306 and have him at DE where he is projected to play in the pro's.

Dareus can play all line positions in the 3-4 equally effective. That's how versatile he is. But do not mistake his dominance. He collapses the pocket and overcomes double teams.

Check it out in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=insLuoYsDXw&feature=related

That's also no small school he's playing up against. No small program he played for either and definitely a pro style defense he anchored.

Can't miss on this guy if we get a shot at him.

Getting another pressure player on our d-line, where we have 3 FA's now by the way, can only help the OLB's create more pressure. We're not getting enough pressure from our front 3 on defense.
  12. AKATheRake

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    When looking at the prospects for this draft. The top rated players are either defensive lineman or corners.

We have both of those needs. The value on the offensive line will come from the mid first to top of the 2nd round.

There are also very viable options for the o-line and corner in FA.

Other than Richard Seymour, I don't see much defensive line help.

I would love a d-line of Richard Seymour, Marcell Dareus and Jay Ratliff with Bowen backing up.

I don't think people understand how possible that would be and how imposing that could make our defense.

How much it would help all the players behind those 3 on the field.

Best part is, all 3 of those linemen are versatile enough to play different positions along the line should an injury happen and most importantly for all the different types of formations a Ryan defense experiences.
  13. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I never even noticed Dareus on the field and think you can find similar production in other ways. Even Corey Liuget had much better production and I havent heard any buzz on him

Quinn is the kind of guy teams gameplan against. Edge rushers are drive stoppers. Can you imagine the hell Ryan can raise w/ Ware and Ware jr.? Hes just an awesome specimen who I think plays hard, tackles real well(good angles too) and catches the QB attention. It doesnt even seem fair if Quinn is who I think he is.

The NC program is a poorly coached, super talented, group of individuals. Take this monster and coach him up and he and Ware can break sack records.
  14. AKATheRake

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Go to the BCS Championship game against Texas and the Capital One Bowl Game against Michigan State.

Watch those big games for the Tide and tell me if you notice Dareus. He single handedly collapsed Michigan States pocket play after play in the Capital One Bowl.

He was named the defensive player of the game for the BCS championship game against Texas.

You didn't notice Dareus (#57) when he was on the field? Well looks like someone did in those 2 bowl games.

Maybe he just shows up in the big games. Wouldn't that be a problem and cause we couldn't use a guy like that. Lol!

He comes from the LDE position but you'll find him in the offenses backfield wearing a red shirt with # 57 on it.

Here's a bunch of good short plays he's in during the CapitalOne Bowl, each link is 30 seconds long:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5T8jSWeLgI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mraJ61VBmxc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKtXY2N-qPk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDQzNH2_r8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE4zv0JOqlc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8OQTweltrA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pntvmfPV-Ms&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olGY8g6b2yE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc_tFjmih7k&feature=related

If that's not disruption I don't know what is. The guy is relatively unblock-able 1 on 1 and pretty much beats whatever double team thrown at him.

This guy dictates games and is downright nasty on the field. The whole game Michigan State had to go to the opposite side every play because they had no time on his.
  15. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'd much rather draft darius then spend any cap room to sign a seymor. great player in his time but for what is going to cost we should be throwing at OL, saftey.

2 mistakes that people i believe are making is just because OL, DE and Saftey are "holes" going into the draft whenever i see a mock that fills these 3 postions or one that has us taking 2 or 3 OL in the first few rounds i immediatley throw it out. Not that i wouldnt want them to fall this way but it just never happens we will take a TE or LB before we take a saftey watch that's jerrys MO. And to the people who are delusional into thinking we will take 3 OL and they will start immedialey and anchor the line for 10+ years what world are you living in? how often does that happen? once per franchise every 20+ years c'mon
  16. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I still dont see what separates him from the other DL that are all supposed to go way later

Dareus: 33 games, 71 tackles, 20 TFL, 11 sacks

Stephen Pea: 37 games, 126 tackles, 29 TFL, 14 sacks. 1st/2nd rounder

Cameron Heyward: 52 games, 163 tackles, 37.5 TFL, 15.5 sacks. Probably a 2nd rounder.

JJ Watt: 40 games, 106 tackles, 36.5 TFL, 11 sacks. Late 1st

I mentioned Liuget had better production. 1st, or 2nd rounder.

I was surprised to hear his name mentioned w/ our pick late in the season so I keyed on him. It was the first half and he did that move that that kid from the Dolphins did who Nick Saban made cry. He was just leaning on his guy. I dont know if guys do it when theyre gassed, or if theyre holding back b/c the plays not going their way or what but its a bad sign.

Hes labeled a top 10 pick, I dont know enough about him to claim hes junk. Im just saying he is definitely not someone I want at #9. Ive narrowed my list down and Dareus, who I believe is equal to about 6 other linemen, isnt on it
  17. AKATheRake

3,630 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Dareus is know for his motor. Check just about and draft prospect bio on him.

In college, the level of competition from what Dareus faces is much more challenging than the other players you mentioned.

Teams literally go the opposite direction from his side offensively.

Look at Suh's stats in comparison to the guys you have mentioned and they are similar.

You're going to tell me those guys are in the same league as Ndamukong Suh?

It's about impact on the field and those guys don't have that same impact as Dareus.

Regarding Quinn. I like him, but Von Miller is the more special player.

Neither of them would I draft with the 9th overall pick because we have more pressing needs that would ultimately have a better impact on our defense which is this teams weakness right now.

In the videos I outlined, watch how many guys Alabama has rushing the passer.

3-4 at most.

Everyone else is in coverage or playing behind the line of scrimmage on passing situations

That's because that's all they need.
  18. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Nobody with zero NFL playing experience goes for $100 million in free agency.
  19. MarionBarberThe4th

11,817 Messages
    65 Likes Received

OK, captain literal.

Ware and Peppers are like Quinn
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,673 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    If I'm Captain Literal, you are Admiral Hyperbole. It's a pleasure to serve under you, sir.