1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: 32: Cowboys’ backfield battle between Randle and Williams heating up.

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Aug 15, 2014.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,247 Messages
    1,407 Likes Received
    Cowboys’ backfield battle between Randle and Williams heating up.
    By Marcus Mosher
    August 14, 2014 3:36 pm CDT
    http://cover32.com/cowboys/2014/08/...attle-between-randle-and-williams-heating-up/

The battle for the number three running back spot in Dallas just got really interesting after last Thursday’s game with the San Diego Chargers. Joseph Randle got the start at running back with the first team offense and he impressed me early.

He looked noticeably quicker so far than he did at any point in 2013. Ryan Williams got most of the second half work and to me, he finally looks healthy again. Neither player had impressive stats when taking a look at the box score, but I thought both players fared well on Thursday night. Here is a look at their stats from the San Diego game:

[IMG]

We will continue to track this battle throughout the next couple of weeks and we will see if the stats show if either back wins the job out-right, but until then, I want to take a look at the film and show why both players looked impressive.

[IMG]

Joseph Randle showed me that he had a little more wiggle this year than he did in 2013. He was making quick, decisive moves in the open field and made a few defenders miss. He looked like the player that the Cowboys saw at Oklahoma State. Here is a good ...