1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

34 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 15, 2012.

1. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

14,927 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    It was the first year I really watched football. I was 11 and a pee wee hockey player. I believe that day my dad's team was playing Northern Vermont so I had to go with my parents to watch his team's game. By time got home, it was halftime but game was pretty much over. I have it on the greatest games DVD.
  2. johnny utah

johnny utah Guest

I was born four months to the day before that game. My father (he was a cowboys fan) must have had a joyous few months.
  3. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,138 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Only 34 years? And still not old enough to qualify for the "History" forum?
  4. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,296 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    This was the first game I ever watched as a kid and the reason I became a Cowboys fan. My dad (a huge Giants fan) had bet more than usual on the SB that year. He told me "Root for the team with the star on the helmet". I did. Everyone was so happy when they won and I never looked back. Ironically, the fact that I root for the Cowboys and not the Giants has be a source of much tension over the years between me and my father. Randy White was my favorite player and his was the first jersey I ever owned. He was simply awesome.
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,044 Messages
    872 Likes Received
    Yes, it should be posted there so no one will look at it and reminisce. Good idea.
  7. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
  8. fgoodwin

fgoodwin Active Member

1,138 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    So what exactly IS the purpose of the History Forum?