1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

39% say Obama made right choice

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Aug 23, 2008.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On the day that Barack Obama announced Joe Biden as his running mate, 39% of voters said he made the right choice. A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found that 25% disagreed and another 35% are not sure.

Women are notably less enthusiastic than men—33% of women say Biden was the right choice while 27% disagreed. Men, by a 46% to 24% margin, said that Obama made the right choice.

Not surprisingly, Democrats were more supportive of Obama’s decision than anybody else—52% of those in his party agreed with his pick while 19% disagreed. However, just 43% of Democratic women said the presumptive nominee made the best pick while 23% disagreed.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So 60% either didn't or don't know. That'll win ya some elections. :D
  3. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's all over Cajun, he had the chance to take Hillary and make it a nightmare for us.

Instead, he took a grumpy ****** who got about 1% of the votes in the primaries.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,791 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received
    Hillary would have rallied the conservative base more than any other candidate out there.

This whole idea by the clintons, and now histerically the repubs, not being chosen is a terrible thing for obama.

Man alive the repubs where all hoping beyond belief she would have won the primaries and even Ditto Head leader rush was trying to get her to win...why...Because they would have wiped the floor with her.

But now that she is not chose as VP all of a sudden it is Great and the magic key.

Boy you guys are like sybil or something.
  5. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received

If she was chosen the country would be buzzing like crazy.

Instead, he chose the angry guy who calls him "Barack America."

Personally, I love it.;)
  6. MilesAustinforMVP

MilesAustinforMVP Benched

782 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good or negative buzz? The left is pretty excited about this election already. Can't say the same for the right. Why would Obama give the Right a reason to be excited about this election. The prospect of putting the Clintons back in the White House would have certainly got the Right up in arms. Then you have all the baggage.

I think you are just putting a negative spin on this pick to make yourself feel better. Biden wasn't a fantastic pick, that is certainly true. But it wasn't a bad pick either. Biden was a pretty solid pick. Obama certainly didn't hurt himself with the pick with any particulary group of voters, which is the most important thing I think.

Furthermore, someone who is supporting McCain shouldn't be calling anyone an angry old guy IMO.
  7. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No Brain, you missed the point of the "Go hillary" campaign. It was all about fracturing the Dems. And obviously it worked. They are doing everything from suing the election commission to disqualify Nobama, to calling for a roll call vote on the floor of the convention.

Personally, I don't hillary within 500 miles of the white house.
  8. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Where did you get that? Make sure that you give proper credit or you to will be accused of plagiarism.

:lmao:
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That was inane even for Mental Ben. I've posted hundreds of photos on this forum over the years, yet never provided copyright information. Guess that means I "stole" them or gave the impression that I took them myself. LOL.
  11. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let me guess the folks in this thread that like Obama liked the pick, the people who don't, hated the pick.
  12. Cajuncowboy

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, I love the pick and don't like Obama.
  13. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Because Obama can be seen as dissing Hillary by choosing Biden, it gives McCain an opportunity to reach the dissatisfied Hillary followers. That is why Biden's selection can be seen as a good thing by the GOP.

Should McCain choose a woman for his VP it might well turn out to be very good thing for the GOP.

:)
  14. Aikbach

Aikbach Active Member

9,593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Biden is one of the least intolerable leftist senate members, hardly a ringing endorsement I know, a better choice than say Al Gore or John Kerry or John Edwards.

Ultimately he is playing Lloyd Bentsen to Barak Obama's Michael Dukakis.