1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

3d Tv

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Is this **** a joke?

Who honestly wants to wear glasses to watch TV?

And what if you have glasses already?

Might be the dumbest thing I've seen in a long, long time.

I am thankful for 1 thing though. As soon as these companies start popping this garbage out, the price of regular TVs should go down a bit because they can't do 3D.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    When I first heard about 3D TV it didn't seem like something that would just take off to me. I'm sure there are those who will love it and buy it. But I just can't see 3D TV being widely popular.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Yeah the whole glasses thing is dumb. I want tv to be effortless.

Now I gotta find my remote AND TV glasses? No thanks.
  4. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I am excited to game in 3d
  5. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    most tvs you buy today are '3D ready' so if you bought a middle to top of the line plat screen in the past year or so you already have the technology most likely so when things start coming out or being broadcast in 3D its just up to you if you want the 3D experience.

i cant find it but i saw a video of a japanese company that has made basically hologram tv, where the actors and scenery was in the living room but it isnt cost effective or practical cause you pretty much have to have no light in the room.
  6. fannypack

fannypack Sweet Squirrel

933 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wantz my 3dz!

[IMG]
  7. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    This is a pure gimmick.
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,394 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Why would this be a joke? People where glasses at the movies, why can't they wear them at home (Especially since the TVs work better than the theater IMO)? Are glasses that big of an inconvenience? I mean really?? The major success of 3D movies at the theater is all you need to konw to realize this is in no way a joke.

Now 3D will never be the main form of viewing content, but nobody is pushing it as such. There is definitely a market for this, and the applications for gaming will be quite significant. And the cost of TVs is not going to be affected by this (Yes, the 3D TVs are pricey, but not because they are 3D, but because they are top end units regardless of the 3D - the additional 3D cost may be $100-$200 and in a year or 2 every TV will be capable.

I'll definitely be picking up a 3D TV later this year (when there is more content and a better selection of TVs) and I'll be using it as an opportunity to update my entire setup as well as redo my floors and rearrange my living room.

Note: The 3D-ready TVs aren't as capable as some may think.
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I was in the Sony store this weekend and tried it. Pretty cool experience. But yeah, having to constantly pop on bulky glasses every time you want to watch TV would get really old.
  10. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why buy a 3D TV that requires glasses when models that don't require glasses are on the way?
  11. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,229 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I must say watching the Boys in 3D on Sundays would be pretty damn sweet.
  12. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I think it's cool, I'm not in a rush to get one at all, but I can imagine Planet Earth in 3D, it'd be amazing.

It's not as if it turns everything 3D.
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,057 Messages
    1,200 Likes Received
    I'm ready for the 3D fad to pass.
  14. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,394 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    A long ways away...if ever.
  15. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just like flat screens, LCD's, wireless internet on laptops, and sending stupid little 160 character messages on phones that can call across the planet with perfect clarity.

Oh, and the internet. No real point to that at all.

3D TV is a new revolution and expands the sensory experience of shows. It's the next big thing IMHO, until they can produce TV's that produces smells that go along with the scenes.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,035 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Love that show. That show is refreshing somehow.
  17. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    anyone ever seen this before? pretty crazy.

[youtube]Jd3-eiid-Uw[/youtube]
  18. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That rocks the friggin casbah! Wow. If that's what 3D TV is like, sign me up yesterday! (and someone get Jenna Jameson on line 1)
  19. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,361 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    yeah i saw it a few years ago, what sucks is that it can only be for one person because if you view it from a different angle than the person playing it doesnt look right because the game isnt reacting to you
  20. DemonBlood

DemonBlood Member

906 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I, for one, welcome back the 1980's. Good times.