1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

4,000 post.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,889 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    OK, I take back that whole substantive post comment I made earlier after this. :D
  2. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Welcome to my unsubstantive world Mr. Winicki... :D
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

I heard that at Trickblue's they just use the old refrigerators as coffins... if the seal is still good you don't even have to bury 'em.
  4. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    NOT TRUE... NOT TRUE... why waste a perfectly good babysitter by burying it?
  5. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

I decided I was going to make my next 1,000 posts just like TB's... unsubstantive for the most part. :D
  6. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I am going to begin to legtitimize my existence here with hard hitting... substantive posts... I start now:

Good morning Michael... :D
  7. SoTex

SoTex Giddy Up

1,136 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He doesn't have any more room to bury anything with all those mason jars full of money in his yard....
  8. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

Sure, now you're just being an a-hole! :D
  9. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

BTW congrats on 4,000 posts... not quite as meaningful as mine of course, but it's not bad!
  10. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    I know... I strive to be a good Canadian like you... :D

btw... you are in prime hunting land... do you hunt?
  11. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

No, I don't I come from a long-line of wannabee hunters. The intent was there but the results were less than staggering. Then there is my brother-in-law who holds licenses for virtually every kind of fire-arm you can hunt with: bow, black-powder, shotgun... over two states (PA & NY) and usually bags enough critters that he could feed half of Iraq. And that doesn't include the time or two when he witnesses someone hitting a deer with a car, not wanting the carcass and him tossing it in his pickup truck for processing.

Actually wish there were more hunters... I have a deer trail right next to my house. And live just inside the city limits. Way, way too many deer and now the bear population is growing again and there seems to be growing populations of coyotes, bobcats and even a mountain lion or two lurking about.
  12. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    We know longer have bears around as they were killed off in the early 1900's...

We do have some mountain lions and wild boars... I am always a little wary when trapsing to my stand in the morning...

We have coyotes out the wazoo... I hear them howling every night...

Some day I am going to hunt in that region up your way...
  13. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received

It's amazing the wild life that is returning here. Back in the late 1800's and early 1900's when oil and lumber both dominated the region, many species were either killed off or retreated back to the Adirondacks or into the more desolute regions of central Pennsylvania.

The bear in the grocery store was somewhat of a shocker... it even showed up on the nightly news via the store security camera. The bear crossed the Allegany river and strolled into town. Eventually it climbed a tree, stayed there for a while, climbed down and recrossed the river. The DEC (Department of Environment Conservation) was smart enough to tell the cops just to leave it alone and it would eventually find it's way home.

Every so often a deer will crash through a window or plate glass door into someone's house or porch. Must be it sees its reflection and thinks it's another deer.

The amount of roadkill is staggering this time of year. Deer everywhere. And of course the elk are just south of us a little, moving up this way. I think they just started allowing the hunting of them due to the numbers that continually grow. And elk are big... real big.

Just let me know when you're up this way and we'll fix you up. Lots of hunters end up here from all parts of the country. Get a lot of folks from the larger cities here... some end up getting lost or keel over from heart attacks or the idiots shoot each accidently.
  14. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Yep... can't beat living in rural areas... I see wildlife daily...

Of course I did when I lived in Dallas too... it was just that it was in the dance clubs... ;)
  15. SoTex

SoTex Giddy Up

1,136 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Trick......?
    [IMG]
  16. trickblue

28,905 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Yes?

[IMG]
  17. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    congrats and for that you get your own...

[IMG]
  18. MichaelWinicki

32,419 Messages
    2,998 Likes Received
    Thank you!

I am a lucky man!
  19. JR HELFRICK

JR HELFRICK New Member

222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    4000 post means your not married.