1. SPORGWIRE.com
    The Sports Newswire
    SPORGWIRE provides you with an easy way to keep up with the latest sports news,
    rumors, reviews, videos and more from sports sites all over the internet!
    Follow your favorite teams and sports leagues and
    the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personal sports news site for the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

4/20 Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Apr 20, 2017.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    What better way to celebrate the holiday season then mocking? [​IMG]

Too lazy today to give details like usual...

Trade back into early 2nd for a team getting a QB, get an extra 3rd

2nd- Tyus Bowser DE Houston
    2nd- Fabian Moreau CB UCLA
    3rd- Marcus Maye S Florida
    3rd- Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    4th- Blair Brown LB Ohio
    6th- Aaron Jones RB Texas-El Paso
    7th- Leveon Myers OT Northen Illinois
    7th- Grover Stewart DT Albany St

visionary, CATCH17 and AbeBeta like this.
  2. Twisted Dawg

Twisted Dawg Active Member

187 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Not bad at all! What DEs did you pass on for Bowser?

3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    All of the obvious guys + Taco, Takk, Harris, and Watt are all gone by the early 2nd. Guys like Lawson, Basham, Tim Williams, Willis would be the other options I suppose. I like Bowser's upside. If he can continue to add weight and improve he could be lethal.

rpatricc likes this.
  4. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,779 Messages
    1,323 Likes Received
    Where is bowser coming from? Haven't seen him at all till like 2 weeks ago lol

5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,911 Messages
    13,938 Likes Received
    Thanks for the effort.

The trade would be 28 for an early 2nd and 4th.,btw.

Could maybe get a mid 2nd and mid 3rd?

RingOfHonor88 likes this.
  6. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Prices are inflated when QB's are involved. Especially if there are multiple teams interested in a QB like Mahomes or Webb on the board.

7. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

5,484 Messages
    6,506 Likes Received
    Is there any tangible evidence of this? I keep seeing people talk about being blown away to trade away the 5th year, or QBs and added cost, but even last year the Denver Seattle trade was only 24 points off. The Vikings trade up for Bridgewater actually had Seattle losing value to trade out of the 1st. Last years trade up for SF was similar with the Chiefs actually losing value to bail. Though it wasn't a QB, they lost value while losing the 5th year.

If there is some added cost to trading up for a QB or back into the 1st, I don't think it's near as much as it's being represented as. I wouldn't expect any more than the chart says for that type of trade unless you get a bidding war going.

The only trend I noticed looking back over the last few years is late 20s to late teens-early 20s did require more value to trade out. That could have more to do with teams trading out of first Rd talents into 2nd round talents more so than anything else though.

8. Twisted Dawg

Twisted Dawg Active Member

187 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Same here, I don't get it.

9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

34,911 Messages
    13,938 Likes Received
    This.

Other than trades that use the more vaguely measured future picks, most of these trades come within about 5% of the old trade value chart regardless of position.

No big deal here, but what you say is true.

This mock is way more realistic than those silly First Draft mocks:laugh:

RingOfHonor88 likes this.
  10. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

28,518 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    You are a bit hung up on the value charts. I assure you that teams don't just go by those. I can't imagine teams looking at the chart without any consideration of the strength of the draft in general and the depth of the position they are targeting specifically. Also, the number of teams making offers clearly can drive the value up.

Just makes no sense to look at the numbers out of context.

11. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,233 Messages
    14,990 Likes Received
    From what I see, he looked at the numbers in practice. There's no better "context" than that. Especially when compared to crazy fan theories where they get a heist for their pick and still get exactly the player they wanted.

visionary and RingOfHonor88 like this.
  12. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,313 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Saints, Browns, Bears, Steelers, Jets, Bills...all have picks in the range and it's not at all inconceivable that 1 would make a trump offer over the others if they really want to get a QB like Mahomes. Not saying it's going to happen, but I don't think it's all that crazy. Different circumstances obviously, but the Vikings did just give up a 1st + for Sam Bradford last year. I'm sure you would have called that insane before it happened.

13. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

26,703 Messages
    17,338 Likes Received
    I have Bashem close to that 1st group. At 6-4, 269 he does not have size questions.

Tim Williams is a terrific pass rusher, but I don't think the Cowboy can take another druggie.