1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

4 Reasons why the Cowboys will make the playoffs and win the division

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboysFanSince88, Nov 12, 2012.

1. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

you'll never learn......Why, why does every fan just automatically put wins in the bank with this team...why? IT NEVER HAPPENS!!!!
  2. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

im sure you said the same thing about the Giants last year....
  3. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,536 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    The most crucial difference so far between this season and last season:

Last season, the Cowboys went 0-4 against the Giants and Eagles.

This season, the Cowboys are already 2-1 against those two teams.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,171 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    And similar things happened to the Giants last year.
  5. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    well you a maybe some pats fans are the only ones who don't count it
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I made a thread about this earlier this week.

I wasn't counting on the Giants losing to the Bengals, but now that they have. It opens up a whole bunch of possibilities for the Cowboys. All the Boys have to do is continue to take advantage of the weak schedule.

I'm confident the coaching staff is making up a solid game plan for the Browns...And right now that's all that matters.
  7. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

THANK YOU
  8. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

My point is that first SB had nothing to do with him
  9. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I know the divisional games are important, but they need to win most of the other games as well in order to make the playoffs.

We can't rely on other teams to lose out just so we make it. I hate that scenario. For crying out loud if we win our own games, nothing else matters.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,560 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    I'll be happy if we're able to get the next two games here and go into next weekend rooting for the Packers. If we're lucky enough to get things back to even, the rest of the season should be enjoyable, if nothing else.

I'm also just excited that we'll soon have Murray back and our OL the way we expected it for the season. Between that, working in a few of the young WRs, and the soft schedule, at least the feelings of being so limited on offense have a shot at getting worked out.
  11. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,207 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    The Giants are capable of defeating any and all of those teams left on their schedule. I'm not seeing any compelling evidence here. Not to say your scenario is impossible. I just wouldn't count on it.
  12. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    The Packers have an excellent shot at beating the Giants, it could go either way actually. I can see us winning the next two games, but it won't be easy.

I like taken it game by game. I hate looking ahead. Having Murray back will be huge, as far as the OL, I'm not as confident as you are. And yes, I'd love to see Harris and Beasley more involved in the offense.
  13. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Yeah, the Giants won't lay down and quit, Coughlin will coach'em up as he always does.
  14. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,556 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    we aren't making the playoffs.

they'll make it interesting, but will fall short a game or two.

book it
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

26,560 Messages
    2,736 Likes Received
    I agree with the looking-ahead part. I can easily see us losing to either CLE and/or WAS. Neither of these games are gimmes.

But, as far as enjoying the season goes, I'm hopeful we take care of business here, because it makes the Dec games so much more interesting. I can deal with missing the playoffs in week 17 if I have to, but being out of it for the last 3-4 weeks of the season is the absolute worst. It's getting cheated out of meaningful football, knowing you've got months and months of solid waste to slog through before you even get to the draft and veteran free agency.
  16. Boys122

1,363 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Our home crowd really needs to get into these home games. Especially in these next few games. Maybe we can get something going.
  17. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

4,565 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    again this is an opinion very few share
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

I agree but this is more about the Giants not going up against the Cowboys in December and having to play a tougher schedule.

And I been looking at the NFL long enough to know that with each win comes more and more confidence. So 6-5 will have this team playing better in December if they get these next 2 games
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

The Giants have played their WORST FOOTBALL at home and was lucky to win against the skins and browns. Now you have Brees and Rodgers coming into their home stadium which will be losses.
  20. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Oh whatever, a QB who closes his eyes and throws the ball up in the air and hopes someone catches it who plays for the Giants is not my ideal of a MVP