1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

4 targets - 2 offensive, 2 defensive" - Tom C

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Apr 6, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,511 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    According to Ciscowski we have 4 targets..2 offensive players and 2 defensive players..

What's your guess?

My guess is

Cox
    Barron

Glenn
    Konz
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    You mean first round? Add Poe and Brockers, wishful thinking Coples.
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    Cox/Barron

DeCastro/???
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,511 Messages
    878 Likes Received
    Yes, 4 first round targets
  5. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Hmm. I am intrigued by the 2 offensive targets. My first thought was DeCastro and Konz, but then I seem to remember that we had a strong interest in Glenn. And then Richardson came to mind. If he is available at #14, is he too good to pass up? Is he the BPA?
  6. theogt

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    At that point you start entertaining phone calls.
  7. NeonDeion21

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Agreed. But what if your best offer is an extra 4th from the Jets? Do you pass up on a "potential" 1500+ yard back for a 4th? Tough question.
  8. punit328

punit328 Active Member

701 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I would hope Decastro would be on that list. And I'm also warming up to the idea of taking Barron
  9. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,890 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    My guesses are:

Cox
    Barron

DeCastro
    Glenn
  10. theogt

44,117 Messages
    1,353 Likes Received
    A thousand times, yes. Running backs are a dime a dozen and even the best ones don't last that long. This is a passing league. If someone is willing to give you a 1st and a 4th round pick for a RB, you take it.
  11. dools

dools Member

222 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'll go with Glenn, DeCastro, Barron and Cox (Coples if he falls)
  12. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    Doubt DeCastro would be getting a visit if he wasnt a target.
  13. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,937 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Cox/Gilmore

Decastro/Glenn
  14. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    O- Decastro & Konz

D- Cox & Barron
  15. NeonDeion21

2,136 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    By all means I agree with you that this is a passing league. Heck, look at the past 5 SB winners and tell me who the best RB was. Pierre Thomas or Brandon Jacobs? You obviously don't need great RB play to go far in this league.

Having said that, adding a RB with the impact that an Adrian Peterson or Arian Foster have to this offense would make this team very hard to beat. If you believe Richardson can be a top five RB for the next, let's say, 6-9 years, you absolutely take him at #14.

This team puts way too much pressure on Romo. They need to get him help in the form of an effective running game, or a better defense and preferably both.
  16. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I would guess your right on defense, of course a player dropping always throws a cog into it.

I would bet DeCastro and Konz are the two offensive players although I'm sure Glenn is not far behind. Now you have to consider a OT like Reiff, some teams have him very high, some middle of first. What does Dallas feel? If they have him ranked high and he falls to 14 which he could, what does that do to the plans?
  17. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    The Jets don't have a 4th. They have Tebow. At that point you can throw out the chart because someone will overpay to get Richardson. If they don't you take him, trade Felix or Murray and move down the road.

The Bengals are the most interesting team here. They never trade and everybody keeps mocking them a guard, a corner in the first and a runner in the second, but they really need an edge pass rush guy worse than just about anyone. If they left the draft with Richardson, Mercilus/Perry, and Boykin at corner they are in play to win that division. I think you could swap a 2nd for a 3rd and take their 17th pick in that situation.

Actually, I'd just take Richardson and throw Murray a ton of bubble screens out of the slot.
  18. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    If they can't or won't trade, I don't see them taking a tackle. I can't see Free playing guard. Don't know about Reiff, but if he can't....who sits the bench?
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    was there lots of smoke coming from Tom C. at the time?
  20. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,496 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Offense:

DeCastro...OG
    Fleener...TE in a trade down
    Glenn...OG/RT if we're looking for a guy who can play G or RT
    Wright...WR if we trade way down, twice

Defense:

Cox....DE
    Coples....DE
    Barron....S
    Gilmore....CB
    Ingram....OLB

I don't see any way we'd draft Poe...that would truly be a reach on athletic ability alone.

Not all at #14, but in the right situation at 14 or after moving down, I'd be very happy with any of those 10 players in round 1 + possible additional picks for the guys we'd move down before selecting. I think all 10 would be instant contributers and future stars for us (no, I didn't say super stars).