1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

48 players go off tomorrow b4 we pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboyChris, Apr 26, 2012.

1. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,894 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    "scratching my head"
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,753 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Awesome, isn't it? That's how you win in this league. Sit around and watch other teams add talent.
  3. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,911 Messages
    984 Likes Received
    We are getting in before that. I just am not sure how yet.... I hope we don't trade to many picks next year to do so. Prepared to lose Jenkins and or Felix Jones.
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

and get mercilessly attacked by the jerrah apologists in 3....2...1....
  5. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

690 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I hope some of you realize Michael Brockers, who about everyone hates on this board, would've been our pick if we would've stayed at 14. Just a reminder for all those people that are crying about the Cowboys picking the best defensive player in the draft.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,098 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Yeah, I'd prefer two players that can't get a starting spot vs. the best defensive player in the draft.
  7. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'd prefer Claiborne over Brockers and our 2nd.

I haven't been keen on Brockers since the beginning.
  8. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,048 Messages
    651 Likes Received
    Agree.

We can most likely get back into the second round and get a guard or center.
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,048 Messages
    2,278 Likes Received
    Sucks but we got corner locked up for years and we'll save money for FA because we'll have him on that rook contract for awhile.
  10. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,116 Messages
    39 Likes Received

You know the Jerry Jumpers can't go to sleep without itching.. Even when the franchise does something right..
  11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Exactly, Claiborne was unanimously the best defensive player in the draft, we got him for merely a 2nd rounder - and the crybabies even ***** about that.

We aren't 4-6 players away. We aren't the Jaguars. Before this draft we could've competed for the playoffs with the roster, now after day 1 I think we are back in the division hunt.

We got the 2nd best player on our board at 6 from 14 for the 45th pick - anyone in their right mind would be ecstatic. Except for our miserable fans of course.
  12. CowboyChris

2,894 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    when is the last time we have done that?
  13. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,098 Messages
    1,314 Likes Received
    Thankfully not today.
  14. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,043 Messages
    146 Likes Received
    If we'd somehow traded up to get Luck, even the Romo-haters amongst them would be finding something to complain about.

And I am not even a fan of trading up, but I never expected Claiborne to be available there, nor the price to be reasonable.
  15. CowboyChris

2,894 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    i mean when is the last time we actually went up to take a great player, instead of trading back and picking 2 intermediate players
  16. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    What a silly statement. I'm sure the Jets would argue with you. They made a similar move a few years ago for Revis. But hey, I'm sure they'd be better off having stood pat and keeping that 2nd rounder.
  17. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,499 Messages
    2,910 Likes Received
  18. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    215 Likes Received
    please tell me what you would have done?
  19. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Claiborne is a great propsect. Only a fool could argue otherwise.

But the Cowboys, now with FA mostly done and their top 2 picks gone, have done virtually nothing with their OL and DL, in spite of having multiple players on each line that couldn't start for a good team.

That the front office has focused so intently on CBs this offseason with the pititful lines on both sides of the ball shows how pathetic the management of this team is.
  20. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,116 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    none of these Jerry Jumpers would have whine about the trade Jimmy Jenius made to move up to get Russel Maryland and we overpaid severely for him. As a matter of fact, he wasn't even the target when the Jimmester decided to move up to the #1 overall, Rocket Ismail was.

crying like a 2 year old because of a 2nd round pick spent to get THE premier corner in the draft ? :rolleyes: