1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

49ers LB Smith arrested on suspicion of DUI

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Doomsday101, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was reportedly arrested Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence.

According to CSNBayArea.com, which cites San Jose Police, Smith was determined to be the driver in a single-vehicle accident in San Jose's Silver Creek district.

Smith was booked into Santa Clara County jail on charges of DUI and possession of marijuana, according to the Santa Clara Sheriff Dept. He was held on $5,250 bail, according to jail records.

The 49ers issued a statement:

"The 49ers organization is aware of the matter involving Aldon Smith. As we continue to gather information regarding this situation, we will have no further comment."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/...-suspicion-dui/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2fSgquxUp
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,708 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    Mugshot
    [IMG]
    mmohican29 likes this.
  3. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,779 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Will he be looking at a suspension for the NFL illegal substance abuse policy? I'm sure he just didnt have marijuana on him just for the sake of having it.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,530 Likes Received
    I know people will say weed is no big deal and should be legal my question would be if it is no big deal why risk millions playing in the NFL with something that is no big deal?
  5. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    That doesn't even make sense.
  6. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,439 Messages
    625 Likes Received
    Driving under the influence of alcohol or even marijuana is a big deal. Good thing no one was hurt.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,315 Messages
    4,211 Likes Received
    Ban him! Do we play these guys this year. If not then community service and a breathalyzer in the car for a year.
  8. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

860 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    I can't believe Harbaugh is letting him play on Sunday.

If Goddell doesn't suspend him for the remainder of the season at least, something is really wrong.
    riverside4 likes this.
  9. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    Agreed - He should get a minimal 6 game suspension. He already has a DUI, stabbing, lawsuit and another DUI. Its a pattern of bad behavior.
  10. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,017 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Great player, but for the life of me, you're a millionaire, money is plentiful and yet you can't call a cab to come get you.

A $50 cab ride is nothing for these guys. A college kid will balk at paying it, but under no circumstance should someone with his bank account. Too bad both parties assume they are just fine which leads to DUI's in the first place.
  11. riverside4

riverside4 Active Member

212 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    This is the problem right there its not the weed or the booze its the people in charge first thing Harbaugh said is he has to go back to work and he is playing Sunday. That right there is the problem they don't worry about it cause they have money and they know they still will be playing and if they get suspended they can appeal it and play until it is settled. I think its the wrong message for our youth big time and something needs to be done like no matter who you are if you do things of this nature and get caught you are siting PERIOD length of time would be determined on you track record. Might make our youth think about thing differently if they c this on BSPN 24/7 that he got benched and sent home that day instead of he was practicing with his team 4.5 hrs after his release and hes gonna play on Sunday I lost alot of respect for Harbaugh when i first saw this on BSPN.
  12. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    He needs to be suspended, its a joke if he plays this weekend.