1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

6-foot-7 and 265 pounds, D-II star tight end Kyle Fiedorowicz continues to dazzle sco

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 31, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Fiedorowicz stands out at pro days
    Created: Saturday, March 31, 2012 12:07 a.m. CDT
    Comments (0)
    http://www.nwherald.com/2012/03/31/fiedorowicz-stands-out-at-pro-days/ctu6n25/
    Text Size: AaAaAaAaAa
    At 6-foot-7 and 265 pounds, Kyle Fiedorowicz has little problem getting noticed.

Earlier this month, Fiedorowicz stood out for NFL scouts while competing at pro days at Northwestern and Northern Illinois.

Fiedorowicz ran the 40-yard dash in 4.67 seconds, posted a broad jump of 9-5 and a vertical leap of 28 inches.
  2. DON DON

DON DON New Member

28 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Like his size and numbers! Alot like Davis from Chicago who we took a look at. Where is he projected?
  3. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    6-7th round, or UDFA: Just depends on what scouts or draft experts you talk to.
  4. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,254 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Gronkowski part 2?
  5. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He fits the blueprint of the TE's the Cowboys are looking at.
  7. DON DON

DON DON New Member

28 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Thank you for this! To me he is unique in this draft. Everyone else seems like a light weight pass catcher or an H-back type. I'd like him late.
  8. DON DON

DON DON New Member

28 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You are exactly right! Like that you can see that.
  9. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Hes fast. He doesnt look it cause he is so tall but he looks skilled.
  10. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    No thanks.

Reminds me of David Lafleur.
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    Lafleur had a bad back, nothing wrong with his abilities.
  12. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    I never knew what a healthy Lafleur would have done. Thought he was healthy during his 1st two seasons. Never lived up to expectations. But then he was following Novecek.
  13. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,795 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    He does in terms of size. But it's his blocking that will probably determine the level of interest.
  14. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    We need to start getting ready for the end of the Witten era.

It could be coming very soon with the amount of punishment he has taken over the years.

I'd be surprised if he plays more than 2 years at a near Pro Bowl level. He is losing a half-step nearly every year right now.

We'll need to think seriously about drafting his replacement next year.
  15. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,604 Messages
    291 Likes Received

I know a lot of Cowboys fans including myself don't want to think this, but it is true, I see him declining already.
  16. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Never understood why some of these kids don't try to transfer to division-I schools.
  17. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFL Draft Scout has some rather different numbers from those reported workouts... they have him running the 40 in 4.95 seconds, the 9-5 broad jump is correct and his vertical jump was 27 and a half inches... FWIW, he did 18 reps at 225 pounds in the bench press...

That's a big discrepancy in the reported 40 times... wonder which one is accurate??
  18. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,592 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    LOL. Thought the same thing when I first saw him. Similar stiff gait and size. But this kid is faster.

Is he as tough as a blocker is the question.
  19. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He needs work. Like most small school prospects he lacks in the technique but he has the want to. He was not asked to do a lot of it and when he did the effort was good, the result was often positive but the process was sloppy and we will get eaten alive in the pro's. He has the receiving skills and zone awareness to contribute right away as a receiver in limited packages but he's raw and I dont think your going to get a lot out of him in the 1st year.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,979 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    I'm not really impressed with that video of him. He looks like he's got better hips than Bennett but he's not really running routes in any of those plays, he's not battling anyone for the ball and his primary advantage seemed to be defenders biting heavily on play fakes, the ability to make wide open catches and the fact that he was 5 inches taller and 60 lbs heavier than anyone that tries to stop him.