1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

9/11

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hard to believe its been 11 years. R.I.P. all the victims of this horrible tragedy.
  2. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,530 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    I know. crazy, isn't it?
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Lest we never forget
  4. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thank you to ALL service members that help keep us safe; Police, Fire Fighters, Military, Paramedics.

Never forget.
  5. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,714 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Well said -----God Bless
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,697 Messages
    2,710 Likes Received
    It does not seem that long ago.

Truly one of those times in history where people remember where they were and what they were doing when that happened.
  7. ologan

ologan Well-Known Member

3,656 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Most definitely!!

I just finished a chilling story in the San Antonio Express-News from this morning's edition of a San Antonio family who received a "note" from the husband-father after ten years time. The note had very few words, something to the effect of "84th floor, West office, 12 people trapped". The family had believed, no, hoped that he had been killed instantly when the plane hit, but the note proved otherwise, ten years later. The only way they identified the note as being from him, was a bloody fingerprint on the note that was ID'd by DNA. If you can,go to the Express-News site and read it. It brought tears to my eyes.
    Tragedy??? More like a travesty!
    I will never forgive, and I will certainly never forget.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    It is a stunningly beautiful day here today in DC. What a lovely day to sit outside, on the National Mall, and reflect back to 11 years ago today.

I humbly and respectfully will do just that, and remember those who were lost.

My bus ride in to DC this morning went on a detour to the Pentagon (it's on my normal daily route). I did not realize that the 9/11 memorial service was already being prepared for so early.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yes. It's like the event is tattooed in to memory.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It's a gorgeous day here in NYC too. People were commenting that today's weather is a xerox copy of September 11th 2001.
  11. CashMan

CashMan Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Yesterday, I taped the voices of 9/11, where they told what happened, with peoples voices from that day. I barely got through it, without shedding a tear, and I am not one to cry.
  12. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Hard to believe it's been over a decade...crazy how fast time can go by.
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    It's was one of those days that everyone old enough to know what was going on will remember where they were when the planes hit and the towers fell.
  14. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    As for now, I just want to pay homage to those that lost their lives and the families and friends that lost loved ones.
  15. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I truly feel for those who lost their lives. With that said, I'm out of this thread, too. It's just a touchy subject that brings up a lot of [divisive] emotions for most of us.

Go Cowboys!
  16. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,629 Messages
    248 Likes Received
    Classless NBC decides to skip the moment of silence.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...t-of-silence-for-kardashian-interview_b145281

NBC’s ‘Today’ Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence For Kardashian Interview

At 8:46 AM, in New York City and at the White House in Washington DC, there was a moment of silence to remember when the first plane hit the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001. In New York, the NYPD, FDNY, Port Authority Police and the families of the victims were present, while in Washington the President and the First Lady led the moment.

The cable networks all carried it, with ABC’s “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” carrying it as well. The only national general news program to not carry the moment of silence was NBC’s ‘Today,” which, in an odd bit of counter-programming, opted to air an interview with “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star Kris Jenner, who talked about the new season of the reality show, and her breast implants.
  17. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Really NBC? You skip a moment of silence remembering one of the nation's most impactful days to have an interview with a reality show star about her breast implants? What a disgrace...
  18. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,714 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Lets keep the thread on track. Remembering the people of 9-11 and not how tasteless our media can be ..Thanks
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,159 Messages
    1,107 Likes Received
    I work for an airline & I am not sure we'll ever get over it.

Just a day that won't ever be forgotten.
  20. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Lost a few friends, and it was a tough day all around. Changed my life.

RIP. Thanks. Miss you guys. :(