1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Recap: 9-23 bp pc anyone care to recap

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Sep 23, 2005.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    DC.com had 10pm. That was a typo!!!! :eek:

It's over. Man, that was short.
  2. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    think it just ended :(
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,110 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received

Yes when I connected he was saying he had practice to run.

I hope someone else caught it.
  4. Sportsbabe

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones coming up after the commercial on The Ticket.

(He was also on NFL Live last night. He was gushing all over Bill.)
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    hello guys, did anyone get the press conference with bill parcells, i missed it, so can anyone give a recap, its not up on www.dallascowboys.com website yet, thanks guys, joe
  6. Givincer

Givincer Active Member

1,814 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    please- replay not up and I have to go here very soon
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,110 Messages
    4,436 Likes Received
    Threads merged.

Looks like nobody got to catch it...I just heard him saying he had to go to practice as the PC was ending.

Hopefully they will have it up on the main site later.
  8. Sportsbabe

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Said Burnett game time decision.
    Said they would stay in their base D if/when SF goes 3 wide.
    Talked about memories of Candlestick park.

It was basically a blur. He was only at the podium for 10 minutes.

He sounded up beat and confident. If I remember more, I'll post it.
  9. dallasfan31

dallasfan31 New Member

481 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    did he say anything on price.
  10. SteveOS

SteveOS Dedicated to Sports Gaming

1,883 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At least he didn't sound conservative. ;)
  11. Grizz

Grizz Blogging The Boys

108 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here is my quick recap.

No roster moves. Fowler doesn't look good to play. Burnett is a game time decision, there is a chance he will play. Everyone is going on the trip including the practice squad.

Not stuck on 7 OL each week but he needs special teams players so it has worked out that way.

Decisions of who is active comes down to how many plays can they play especially if they can help on special teams.

A-train may not dress, Parcells might dress Thompson and Barber this week instead. Special teams needs repetitions, same players need to be on the same teams. Trying to settle down the special teams.

Overall percentage wise, if the Cowboys play error-free and are a little more dynamic on offense, Parcells feels good about the team winning games.

Games in San Fran have have been memorable for Parcells, some good some bad. His favorite game was the NFC Championship with the Matt Bahr field goal for a win. Said no one thought they [Giants] could win.

Best cornerback vs. best receiver match ups are possible on defense, if they are needed. In general, the opposition can dictate things if you do defensive match ups all the time.

Julian Peterson bulletin-board material? Parcells cryptically said the players are aware of what he said, doesn't know how much attention they will pay to it.

Peterson in the nickel plays a stand-up position that rushes from different angles.

Been practicing moving Ware side to side, it happens in one of the nickel packages where he lines up on the other side, kind of like how the 49ers move Peterson around.
  12. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,851 Messages
    216 Likes Received
    Nice, I want to see more of Thompson. Since Thompson was signed as a FA, does this mean we can lose him after this year to another team? Just nervous that he may show promise enough for some team to come in and give him more money than we want to give him.
  13. Derinyar

Derinyar Well-Known Member

2,210 Messages
    252 Likes Received
    Not sure about his contract status, but it likely is a multiyear deal with basically no SB. A deal designed to get a player in the door and see what he has without hurting the team in the long run from a salary cap position. Few NFL contracts are ever for only one year.
  14. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Uh-oh, looks like people will have something to criticize Zimmer with this week. :D
  15. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    I don't think so. I think a player needs four or more accrued seasons to become a true free agent again.

I could be wrong on UDFAs though.
  16. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    This was the formation, I believe, that Dallas got the last sack on. Ware was lined up on the left on the LOS standing up (I think he is usually on the right over the LT). It was nickel D with Nguyen and Shanle. Roy blitzed from the right side.
  17. Sportsbabe

5,899 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Yeah, what he said. Great Job ;) .

The special team part was very key. Also the part about A-Train.

I hope this puts a rest to the "Conservative" crying. :p:
  18. BrownSugar

BrownSugar One Classy Lady

793 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I had heard yesterday that Thompson had moved up the depth chart behind Julius, he's so excited about that...hope he does a good job, he's a good kid!!
  19. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey, how's it goin', Brown Sugar~!
  20. BrownSugar

BrownSugar One Classy Lady

793 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Going well, just trying to stay out of the line of Miss Rita...and hoping that my Boys get a win on Sunday.

I went to the game Monday night, and I was literally sick by the time I left, couldn't even go to work the next day. So I really hope we can pull this one out Sunday..and I hope that they have gotten over that loss.

Anyway, thanks for asking...hope all is well in your neck of the woods.