1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A 3-4 DE v. OT?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Teague31, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,126 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Since it is getting more and more likely the pick will be an OT or DE, I think the front office is out of their mind if they take Watt or Jordan at 9 over smith. Heck I would take Costanzo before Watt/Jordan. A 3-4 DE is not an impact player and never will be.

On the other hand, an OT in passing league is invaluable.

If we were running a 4-3 I could see the logic in taking a DE this high but not in a 3-4. I remember the Chiefs taking Tyson Jackson #3 overall to play end in their 3-4. Terrible pick.
  2. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,267 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    I would go with OT before the 3-4 end myself.

1. Trade up for PP.
    2. Stay put and just take Smith.
    3. Trade down and take one of Castonzo, Watt or Jordan.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,454 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    I honestly am not too fond of the DE class this year I think watt is decent and jordan also. But not worthy of a top 10 pick. Like I have been saying i'd like to move up for pp and a trade down and take an ol. but de I know is a need but I do not see one coming in and making that drastic of an impact
  4. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,777 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I'm going OT because that player can potentially start at RT and also be your swing tackle.
  5. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,543 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I agree and this is a qb driven league. Need to protect Romo.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,250 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    and help our lackluster run game. Leonard Davis and Columbo both gets abused in the run game. For Davis to be so big and strong he sucks at run blocking:laugh2:
  7. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    I will pick a OT in the 1st because I think this draft 3-4 DE class is deep and I can find a starting caliber 3-4 DE in the bottom 2nd or early 3rd than I can find a starting caliber OT in the late 2nd or 3rd round. I will take Tyron Smith or Castanzo and Kenrick Ellis or Jarvis Jenkins than I would like Watt and Carpenter
  8. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    OT in the first