1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A BK Whopper makes me Apologize

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 24, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Odd title for a thread, especially in the political zone, but let me try to explain.

I just ate a Whopper from Burger King, well I ate 3/4ths of one I should say.

You may ask, what does this have to do with anything.

Besides a half of a pbNj sandwich, this is the first thing I have ate in 3 days.

No I was not on some religious or cult fasting spell. No this fat man was also not on some super duper diet plan...screw diet plans.

I had developed a wicked case of viral tonsillitis that started early last week.

I have had sore throats in the past that usually go away after a few days so I did not worry much about it. However it got so bad by Wednesday that I could not eat anything because it was too painful to swallow and I am not a wuss when it comes to pain.

The wife knew it was bad when I told her that I am finally going to have to go to the doctor. She said...Whoa it must be really bad. You see I am one of those that just does not go to the doc unless it is a situation where I have no other choice.

I will tell you this, you do not know how many times you swallow while you are asleep until you get something like this. So on top of not eating for 3 days I have also only got a few hours of sleep. Lucky to get 30 minutes of sleep at a time due to swallowing and waking up because of it OR the pain is so bad you find yourself just not swallowing your saliva (or drainage) and when your mouth is full you spit it out in the toilet or a lined trash can by your bed. I have spit more in the last three days than I have the last five years combined.

Now I get the drugs from the doctor so I am taking Antibiotics, A decongestant, Claritin for my ears and tylenol out the ying yang. Add that into not sleeping well and refusing to swallow when asleep you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night with a side of the face and side of a pillow full of drool so again it is like not getting any sleep again.

Now No good sleep for the last few days. Only half of a PB&J sandwich a buttload of pills on an empty stomach...oh and I opened a 16 oz bottle of water and have yet to finish it so that should tell you how much I have had. Yesterday my stomach sounded like a pissed off chained up dog trying to get at a teasing cat it was growling so hard. Tried the PB&J and I just could not finish it, it was that painful.

So just a little bit ago I got a Whopper. You see my throat is still sore but the antibiotics and other meds are starting to work. Still sore but not like it was.

Now normally I could eat that whopper in a couple of minutes and could probably eat another if I wanted to. This time It took me 30 minutes...I know because I started watching an episode of mash and it just finished as I said enough of the whopper.

Well the whole hooplah of telling you all of this is to Apologize if I have been mean to anyone in here today or the last couple of days. I don't think there is anything I have said that I feel is wrong in the meaning of it, but I do think the delivery or attitude of it was probably pretty crappy and again for that I apologize.
  2. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,895 Messages
    650 Likes Received
    Now I want a Whopper.

And more beer.

Mainly the whopper though.

edit: and the beer.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Maybe you will fall asleep and wake up with the king sitting next to you with a whopper on a tray.:p:
  4. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,895 Messages
    650 Likes Received

That'd be hawt.

Jessica Alba like hawt.

If only my friend would hurry up and return my car to me... and I find a sober driver.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    You can walk.

I remember many a drunken night at Ft. Polk where we would walk to BK and the main area would be closed but they would keep the drive thru open for a few hours.

We would just walk through the drive thru:laugh1:

Or while stationed in Camp Casey Korea they actually had gutted out a winnabego and it was a mobile BK...no lying it was a trip. We could come back on post from a night of debauchery and see the BK Winnabego and get us a bite to eat. :laugh1:
  6. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,309 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I knew you haven't eaten in a few days...

you look thinner in your avatar.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought you were in an unusually good mood lately. :p:
  8. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What was your excuse for the last three months???? :D

Seriously dude. I hope you get to feeling better soon. But if you been taking a buttload of pills, you may be taking them wrong.

Check with Concord on that though. :p:
  9. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You know, after reading the title and with my stomach, my mind immediately went to thinking you farted during a big meeting and had to apologize to your coworkers. I avoid fast food for just such a reason.

Anyway, feel better soon and celebrate with two Whoppers when it's done. :)
  10. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Well the throat hurt too much so i had to take them anally...The wife was kind enough to help me but I swear i heard her say...that serves you right you dirty bass pole. I don't know what she meant by bass pole. :p:
  11. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,872 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    You be careful. There are enough Superbugs going around to cause people real harm. Infected tonsils are no laughing matter. I've a good mind to dispatch my wife ( a real hardcase RN) to your neck of the woods to give you a Canuckanoogie and a quick tonsilectomy. Look after yourself, because nobody else will.

BTW, did you get this bug from Youtube? ;)
  12. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,750 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    You did a great job of hiding your sickness BP --we didn't notice anything differant in your posts;) Get well soon
  13. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Well between the meds and that magically tasty whopper last night I am feeling 95% better this morning. No pain at all in the throat, just the smallest feeling in the back of my throat like some loose skin but no pain. WOOHOO.

However I will still take my antibiotics till they are done. Have known too many people that have stopped taking them (for whatever medical situation) when they have felt better only to have the condition come back.
  14. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,750 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    anything that messes with a mans eating is just cause to be a little grouchy--
    Don't forget the fries with your next whopper --the salt does wonders for a sore throat--glad you are feeling better --finish your pills
  15. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    I specifically left off the fries cause I did not want anything hitting or scratching the back of my throat and fries sometimes can do that.

Thanks for the well wishes.
  16. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I didn't notice any difference :laugh2:
  17. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,551 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Ice cream is good for a sore throat. For me and my mom anyway. No one else seems to agree.

I had a sinus infection a couple months ago. The infection went into my right ear. That was awful. Couldn't eat or sleep and my whole head was in some sort of brain fog. My ear still hasn't full recovered. Antibitics are great when they work. But, they all have side effects with me.

I too had a whopper, fries, and coke at that time. I had to gain back the weight I lost and get some food into my system.

Chicken soup is the best though. You don't necessarily have to eat or drink it. Just inhaling the steam from the chicken soup helps.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

60,031 Messages
    3,263 Likes Received
    Next time you have trouble with your ears due to sinus infections sometimes you have to get something besides just antibiotics...Sometimes you need something like Nasonex or Flonase to help it out...trust me cause I have had ear problems the last few years.:cool:
  19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,551 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Thanks for the info.
  20. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,217 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Chik-Fil-A sounds better then a whopper anyways.