1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A few NYG injuries.

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by SaltwaterServr, Aug 24, 2010.

1. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Aaron Ross, their 3rd CB, has plantar fasciatis. He's expected to miss this week's preseason game. Newman played with it a few year's ago, but I think we'd all be able to agree it limited his game significantly. The Giants have almost zero depth at CB behind him.

I would not be surprised at all to see one of our PS candidates at CB end up on the Giant's roster.

Second, Ramses Barden has a stress fracture in a transverse process in his lower spine. He's their 4th WR, but has shown flashes here and there according to their fans. The emergence of Cruz might push Barden down the chart. Tom Coughlin says he'll be back in a week. He also downplayed the Kenny Phillips injury up to the day they put him on IR last year.

No idea what their safety Michael Johnson has wrong with him.

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story/...johnson-out-with-injuries?module=HP_headlines
  2. Tom [Giants fan]

Tom [Giants fan] Active Member

638 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Ross was the third CB as of right now. Webster and Thomas have been starting. They are good with their starters but there is no depth now if Ross can't play effectively.

Barden has shown flashes of being good and bad. He isn't there, yet. We will see how tough this guy is because Coughlin said it is all about how he can deal with the pain that they will try to manage.

I am guessing Cruz will be making the team and Moss may be looking at his last days as a New York Giant.

The OLine problems are easing as Seubert and Snee have returned to practice. Andrews has begun practicing.

But, O'Hara had a flare up in one of his ankles. Not to mention that D.J. Ware is dealing with a concussion.

There are a lot of other little injuries that come with training camp and preseason games. But the injuries are getting out of hand already.

I think the winner of the NFC East is going to be whichever team can stay the healthiest.