1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A few things I noticed from tweets

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Jul 25, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,717 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    The only reason he is starting is because McClain is hurt. Once McClain is back Hayden will fall back in line.

DTs i think that will make the team
    Melton
    McClain
    Crawford
    Bishop
    Bass
    Coleman
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    4,884 Likes Received
    T. McClain has been practicing. He has been the 2nd team 3-tech.
  3. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,888 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    you expect anything less? that's what happens when there is no football for over a month. every practice play gets its own thread
  4. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,615 Messages
    1,066 Likes Received
    casmith07 likes this.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,146 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    I'm just saying there is no reason to anoint McClain since he hasn't really done anything. No reason to think Dallas doesn't consider Hayden the starter just because it picked up a backup in McClain.
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Certainly would be the reason to look for a house there. His hometown of Diboll is 3 hours from Dallas, which is too far to live during a season.

James Hanna would be hitting waivers for sure, if we signed Finley, I would have to think. It would also say a lot about Escobar.
  8. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,146 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    I agree, we'll see. I just don't think there is any reason to discount Hayden's chances of starting just because we picked up McClain. In fact, I don't see any reason not to expect Hayden to start since he did last year while McClain was just a backup.

I hope that McClain outplays Hayden because it would be better for the defense, but it seems several are just assuming he will when there is nothing to go on except that OTAs and minicamps in which the offense couldn't rough him up. I'm sure he's athletically superior to Hayden, but that doesn't make him a better player.
    Idgit likes this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    4,884 Likes Received
    I reviewed McClain from 2011 and 2013. I'll be shocked if he doesn't not beat out Hayden; although, it appears that they like McClain as the backup 3-tech. He was a starter at the 3-tech spot as a rookie in 2011 but was raw and not really ready for the NFL. By 2013 he looked like a different player.