1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Fingertip And A Foot

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Apollo Creed, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,681 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    I would say that we've started winning those games more in the second half of the season than early on, but other than that I agree with everything there.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,915 Messages
    3,866 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's definitely true. At least this run has included a couple games against some pretty good teams in CIN and PIT. The next two games will tell us a lot about where we really are. WAS is a good team with some uneven talent that's really hot right now. NO is playing wildcard football right now if they hadn't buried themselves early. Two really fun games coming up if we measure up.
  3. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are what your records says you are. We've played a lot of close games, a lot of teams could of done something different to come out on top. The fact is, Dallas is 8-6 and has lost some close games and won some close games.

By the way we did lose to the Bears and Seahawks when we were still pretty darn healthy with our best players. Lets keep things in perspective here.

8-6...Lets see what happens.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,505 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    It definately goes both ways but yes you can definately make the case and see how if those two things had went the other way we'd be 10-4 right now. That would be nice for sure.

There are others though, like Cincy, where you could see it going the other way and right now us being 6-8.
  5. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    The point is, these guys are battling, to the very end. No matter if Hostile is out there trying to play FB for us, you know these guys always have a shot.

It's a tired cliche but if these boys win 2 straight and get into the tournament anything can happen, I don't think Seattle would wanna see us in our house. We gave that last game away to them.

After an offseason of really focusing on the interior OL, NT, and a solid safety that'll make Sensy better this team is just as good as anyone in the NFC.

It's a league of parity, anything can happen.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    He'd be my backup.

:shades:
  7. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Forget about fingers and kicks, better game managment wins both those games.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,182 Messages
    1,271 Likes Received
    The OP is true, and I often point it out. However, it is also true that Dallas could have EASILY lost to Tampa, Carllina, Cleveland,.Cincy, Pittsburgh....
  9. Apollo Creed

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    Tampa practically conceded the game at the end, was punting with less than 2 minutes to go. Troy was actually laughing at them about it.

Carolina never really had us on the ropes and that's a game I don't think they walked away from feeling they should have won.

Cleveland and Pittsburgh are examples that could've gone either way. Same thing for the New York and Atlanta games.

The Baltimore game is the swing game, that's one I felt we deserved to win and let slip away.

So as much as I believe the 'you are what your record says you are' I really think think that they could at least be 9-5 right now and in a position to clinch this weekend.
  10. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I still think that Dez td call was BS. White gloves white line you can't tell me they had definitive proof his finger touched first.
  11. Apollo Creed

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    That was my same thought at first but then the angle from the side was pretty definitive, had he not braced himself he may have severely hurt his hip. Just a natural reaction, truly is a game of inches my friend.
  12. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,511 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    The Jackie Smith Super Bowl against the Stealers, I was bartending at this place that was all Cowboy fans all the time.

After that game, for the next six months all the guys would talk about is what if this happened and what if that penalty was called on the Stealers.

My clientele replayed that game over and over and you will never believe this, but...

Dallas won every day. Dallas did not lose one time when that game was what if'd.

I understood everything they said. It all seemed so logical.

What if Jackie catches that pass? Yada yada yada.

But in the end the Stealers still won the game.

Now we can say what if Felix never fumbled the opening kick-off, or Dez got his finger in, or Tony didn't throw 5 picks. Hell, we can do that with every game the Cowboys ever played. The team would never have lost a game.

But that's not the truth, Ringo.

The truth is Dallas didn't win those games, and no amount of pretend will change that or who they are.

There are fans that dream.

Then there are fans that accept what is.