1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A huge favor - Grammar check for college essay.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Cowboy Brian, Jan 9, 2013.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Exactly. If you have it done already, there is nothing wrong with having someone look it over and spot errors you might have missed.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    I got my BA in writing and MA - almost - in English. Trust me, no matter what people want to think, writing is a collaborative process.
  3. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    BA in what kind of writing? I was gonna be an English major but I went the route of linguistics. I still took some creative writing classes as electives. But my university didn't have a Writing BA; we had an English BA, an English MA, and a Creative Writing MFA.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Writing is just the name of the degree. My college offered it but a lot of others didn't. It was pretty cool because it included a pretty good blend of creative and professional writing and was super flexible depending on what you wanted to do.

I took a lot of fiction, poetry, and autiobiography/memoir classes primarily, so it would be a lot close to Creative Writing than English or Linguistics though. There were options for concentrations, but I didn't go that route.
  5. Vtwin

Vtwin Power and Performance

1,959 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    No problam send it too me an ill check you're gramer for ya
  6. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I remember when Google was called the library. :D

The good old Dewey decimal system. My 4 year old daughter will never have to learn it.
  7. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,045 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Just me, but isn't 500 words kinda light for a collage paper?
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    It thought it meant an admissions essay to get accepted to college. Not one for a college level course.
  9. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I laughed
  10. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,915 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    I am just looking for some criticism and grammatical review, not for anyone to rewrite my paper or massively change the tone. Nothing wrong with asking for an extra set of eyes on a paper I believe.

:laugh1:

The CommonApp essay for transfer students for Fall 2013 is 250-500 words. College admission essays are small due to the limited time admission officers have compared to the number of essays they must review.

I appreciate everyone who has offered to review the essay and will send you PMs tonight after I get home from dinner with my family.
  11. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

776 Messages
    193 Likes Received
  12. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I want to see it.