A little help - Week 13

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by CapnCook, Dec 1, 2016.

1. CapnCook

CapnCook Active Member

219 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Qb - Ben, Rivers
    RBs - Zeke, Gore, Dixon
    WR1s - AJ (D), M Thomas, Tyrell Williams (Q), K Benjy (Q)
    WR2s - Steve Smith Sr, T. Boyd
    TE - Reed (Q), Davis (waiting for Reed's status)
    D/ST - Vikes
    K - empty for now

PPR, 1.0 extra for first downs...1st place by 5 points (same w/l record with one other) in 12 team league, last regular season game ...playoffs week 13-16.

Would love to win regular season (small payout), but not at the expense of post season (big payout).

Here's my challenge...I want to sit Minny D/ST against Cowboys. That will mean dropping two others between now and Sunday to fill D/ST and Kicker. I won't know Reed's status until the ctive list is announced, so I will be making either my Kicker or D/ST pickup at the last minute.

So who should I plan to drop. IMO, I have narrowed the list to Rivers, Dixon, Boyd, and SSS, but I am open to considering others (AJ?). Of course, if Reed is a go, I drop Davis and then only need one other.

I have to think steps ahead and would appreciate advice. Thanks!

2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,507 Messages
    19,379 Likes Received
    What's the league format? 3 WRs or a Flex or both

You opponent this week doesn't need a better QB I hope. Rivers could go big this weekend.

3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,507 Messages
    19,379 Likes Received
    Not sure if you always must start 3 WRs, but my 1st choice would be to drop Boyd. I think he or an equivalent can be picked back up after this week.

CapnCook likes this.
  4. CapnCook

CapnCook Active Member

219 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Thanks DFWJC!

I have two WR spots and a flex.

Good point on Boyd. Any thoughts on the second player?

5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

36,507 Messages
    19,379 Likes Received
    So, assuming all your Qs are available, are you thinking Zeke, Gore, Thomas, TyWill...then a flex?

Does your opponent need a QB? Would hate to give him Rivers. If not, maybe him. He could have a big day Sunday though.
    I think Green starts for you in two weeks, so not him.
    It's tough after that. Benjamin has been bad, but I'd hate to part with him.

That leaves SSS and Dixon...lol...toss-up. No idea how many reps Dixon gets and you could have surprises on the injury front with your questionable WRs...so I guess next would be Dixon.

Hopefully you find out if you need Davis, then not have to drop one of these guys.

CapnCook likes this.
  6. CapnCook

CapnCook Active Member

219 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Thanks again, DFWJC. Already picked up my kicker (Prater) and dropped Boyd thanks to your help.

I went ahead ahead and rolled the dice with the Minny D. I didn't get the 20 points I hoped for, but given that's fairly random anyways, I'll live with the 11 points (most scored against the Cowboys this season). Thank goodness it wasn't more :flagwave:

I have a lot of management to do on Sunday. Reed vs. Davis I may keep Davis as a handcuff though the post season, just to protect from the dirth of TE options at this point in the season. Both Phillips and Ben are afternoon games so I can put that decision off until the last second (my opponent played Dak). I want to keep Rivers because he has some nice post season match ups, including the Browns!

So I will keep SSS and Dixon, so then my final remaining decision is the flex - SSS, Dixon or Benjy.

Thanks again for your input, it helped. I hope I can reciprocate the favor someday.

DFWJC likes this.
  7. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

4,942 Messages
    4,005 Likes Received
    Reed is out and I would role with Dixon in the flex in ppr.

CapnCook likes this.
  8. CapnCook

CapnCook Active Member

219 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Thanks SNB!

With him being the much better back over West, one would have to wonder why he is not a feature. If only Harbaugh would follow my game plan!!!

Silver N Blue likes this.