1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Long Time Ago, In a Thread Far, Far Away...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,905 Messages
    2,715 Likes Received
    ...a new Mock Draft.

I believe we will end up with a 6th round Comp pick for Stephen Bowen.

1st round...Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin, 6'5", 315. The pick that makes the absolute most sense to me in the whole world is this guy. He is a perfect fit to anchor this OL. I cannot think of a better option.

2nd round...Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State, 6'3", 250. Another ILB in the 2nd? If he is there, and right now the rankings put him there, yes. Carter can play outside like he did at UNC. Burfict plays with attitude.

3rd round...Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin, 6'4", 320.
    Dang Hos, do you want to the whole Wisconsin OL? Yeah, I'd take them. Fix what ails us. Right now, that is interior OL. This guy is a monster.

4th round...Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 240.
    We need to find Tony's replacement. This kid has the tools and drive. He has a big arm, is accurate, and is a leader.

5th round...Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'4", 215.
    I continue to be amazed at how low he is ranked. Great hands on this kid and he fights for the football. Big play guy. He is rated as a 6th rounder, but I move up for him. Kid is a weapon.

6th round...Rhett Ellison, TE, USC, 6'5", 250. I have a feeling we're going to need a TE. I like this kid. Hard worker who has a great motor and good hands.

Comp pick...Sean Cathouse, FS, California, 6'2", 218. Okay, I admit it, I am putting him here to show off that great name. We need a Cathouse in Texas.

7th round...Robert Golden, CB, Arizona, 5'11", 200. He fell off this year, but has untapped potential. I know the Cowboys have scouted him a lot this year. Can also play FS.
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    6 players from the Pac 10, 4 from the state of Arizona? yikes....

I do like the first 3 picks, after that, I am very uninspired, Hos. This mock disappoints me, but at least you are not like me, picking the same players everytime or coming up with unrealistic scenarios.

I do not want Foles. He is a statue. He will get killed if our OL can't block. I do like Chandler Harnish and Case Keenum as QB prospects though.

I have yet to see Criner play, does he play faster than his listed 40 time? WRs I like are Dwight Jones - UNC, Jarius Wright - Arkansas, and Fuller - A&M.

Based on the rankings, OLB Darius Fleming - ND, should be available in the 6th. He is a quality LB, who can not only rush the passer and defend the run, but also drop back in coverage and do a solid job. He can also play both inside and out, like Carter.

With our 7th, I would rather go after a smart, athletic OT.....Jeff Adams - Columbia
  3. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1) Peter Konz C Wisconsin

2) Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin

3) Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma (maybe flip flop 2&3)

4) Case Keenum QB Houston

5) Brett Roy DE Nevada (Play DT at Nevada 13 TFL & 8 sacks so far this year)

6a) Robert Blandon CB Notre Dame

6b) Nick Provo TE Syracuse (45 & 6 so far this year 33 & 5 in 2010)

7) Josh Norman CB Coastal Carolina
  4. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we are not picking a C as our first rounder
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

ty for your insight Stephen Jones
  6. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not a problem

at least I don't throw up 5 pts as your UT
  7. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

what does that have to do with the thread topic.....at least my comeback was relevant, since Stephen is a key member of our draft team.....

now stop trying to hijack this thread, take your comments to the college game day thread....please stay on topic and on task, sheesh.

HOOK EM HORNS
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The problem with Konz is that he has already had a spontaneous pulmonary embolism.

If he gets another one of these the standard medical treatment is lifelong anti-coagulation which would prevent him from playing football again. That is a big medical risk. I'd be shocked if anyone would roll the dice in the first round on this kid.

We may be better off going after two of the other highly ranked Centers - Jones and Brewster.
  9. Hostile

118,905 Messages
    2,715 Likes Received
    Pac 12, thank you very much.
  10. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,782 Messages
    128 Likes Received

Zeitler thank you very much :p:
  11. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,569 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I lke the first three picks although I do not think Zeitler will be there in the 3rd when we pick. I don't think Burfict will be there either. Not very high on Foles but I have to admit, I don't watch him that much.
  12. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Interesting how most of our picks are from the PAC 12. :)
  13. Hostile

118,905 Messages
    2,715 Likes Received
    I'm spoiled.
  14. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You just believe that because Adam told you it would work that way...

Hey, works for me...

Until I read further in this thread, and found out about his health issues, I would have agreed with you... now, I'm not so sure...

I'm lukewarm about this pick, I like the player but would rather see another, greater need addressed here...

Hey, a lot of my recent mocks have had Zeitler and Konz in them... now, I think I'd substitute big Ben Jones from Georgia at center, but I'd stay with Zeitler...

He's going to need a dominating pass blocking offensive line to succeed in the NFL... what others have said is right, he's pretty much a statue in the pocket...

I like him, but I'd rather see the Boys balance out their receiving corps by adding a small, cat-quick receiver... they've got plenty of size, they need a little more speed...

I think if he's drafted, it will be as a safety... that might be a good move for him...
  15. rkell87

rkell87 Well-Known Member

7,359 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    is that a sentence?
  16. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,709 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    I think Burfict can also play OLB in Rob Ryan's defense. And Blanton may be better suited at safety in the pros. He's def tough enough.'

My favorite Notre Dame DB is Harrison Smith.
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd take Burfict off the board completely. He's an undisciplined player, but far worse is the lacksidasical effort he gives on a play-to-play basis. Love his attitude and aggression, but wouldn't mess with him anything higher than a 4th rounder. Im really curious how he'll time/measure out because I don't think he's quite the athlete he's purported to be.
  18. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,823 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    I didn't know. :(