1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Mock That Makes Me Happy

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cruz_aedo861, Dec 1, 2011.

1. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1st: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

2nd: Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia

3rd: Marcus Fortson DT Miami

4th: Michael Brewster C Ohio State

5th: Matt Reynolds OL BYU

6th: Juron Criner WR Arizona

6th Comp pick: Eddie whitely FS Virginia Tech

7th: Aaron Corp QB Richmond
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,501 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    glad this mock atleast makes you happy.
  3. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,598 Messages
    3,132 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,845 Messages
    233 Likes Received

GREAT call! Corp's stats this year aren't impressive, but he can flat throw the ball. I think he'll be available as an UDFA, though.
  5. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,260 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    No way in the world Jenkins will be a Cowboy. Not a Garrett type of guy.
  6. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    My problem with Bruce Irvin is he's done nothing in college to suggest he's going to replace Spencer and if we keep Spencer, we're waisting a 2nd rounder on Irvin. He was a part time player in 2010 and they upped his work load and he's been alarmingly averege at best.

If we're going to replace Spencer, and I'm agaisnt it and believe the coaching staff is too, we'd need some better than Irvin to do it or this defense takes a huge step back.
  7. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yup I am not a big fan of his either

Bruce Irvin, DE-OLB, West Virginia: Scouts graded Irvin as one of the best pass-rushers in the land and a potential first-round pick after he registered 14 sacks in 2010. But he's posted half that amount this year as opponents have figured out his game. As a result, Irvin is no longer being mentioned as a top 32 selection.

Irvin has not been the pass rushing force he was last season. This year, Irvin has 31 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss and 5.5 sacks. Others are higher on him, rating him as a first-rounder, but he looks like a one-trick pony. Teams have been able to run right at him, and Irvin is misfit as a 4-3 defensive end. He has to stand up and play on the outside

Matt Reynolds, T, BYU: Reynolds bypassed last April's draft after suffering a shoulder injury and entered the season with high expectations from scouts. Thus far, though, he has looked soft and been a huge disappointment. Once considered a potential top-75 choice, Reynolds will now be a last-day selection.

Juron Criner, WR, Arizona: Criner has proved himself to be a game-controlling wideout throughout his college career. He possesses the skills to line up as a third receiver in the NFL. But personalities issues and concerns Criner is not "coachable" have made a big dent in his draft stock. There are whispers in the scouting community that Criner will fall into the late rounds of April's draft and could even wind up undrafted.

give me

Ronnell Lewis*, OLB/DE, Oklahoma
    Nigel Bradham, OLB, Florida State

8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,612 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    Excellent mock!

1st: Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
    I have wondered about Garrett in regards to this player. He did make some dumb mistakes; however, I have read that both his past and present coaches don't see him as a bad character guy.

If he interviews well and checks out with college coaches, I think Garrett might consider drafting him. Garrett's old teammate Michael Irvin was not a choirboy, but had great work ethic and was a great locker-room guy.

2nd: Bruce Irvin DE/OLB West Virginia
    This would be an excellent pick in the late 2nd. I would not like it in the 1st as I've seen in many projections.

Explosive passrusher. Would move from DE to OLB which would help with his run game issues. Not really a direct replacement for Spencer as the SOLB, but need to add explosive players when possible.

3rd: Marcus Fortson DT Miami
    This is the only pick I don't understand. He is listed at 6-1, 255. What position would he play?

4th: Michael Brewster C Ohio State
    Good value in the 4th. I don't like him in the 2nd as I've seen in many projections.

5th: Matt Reynolds OL BYU
    Ok in the 5th, not earlier.

6th: Juron Criner WR Arizona
    Good value. Will he fall to the 6th?

6th Comp pick: Eddie whitely FS Virginia Tech
    Have you watched him?

7th: Aaron Corp QB Richmond
    Have you watched him?
  9. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You lost me right there... just say no to problem children...
  10. cruz_aedo861

cruz_aedo861 Member

105 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word on the street is Criner will fall becasue of character issues which obviously does not bother me because i'm high on janoris. I've watched Whitely three times kinda mixed on what i saw but its a position of need (sens and elam are FA) and the 6th round so risk is low. I've watched a lot of Corp and think he can be nfl qb with the right coaching which garrett can provide.