1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Question for you guys

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by drawnstripes, Nov 10, 2011.

1. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you think Jerry will pick a C or OG with the our first round pick

being that we just spent a number 9 pick on one last

IMO - No
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,087 Messages
    1,623 Likes Received
    I hope Tom Ciskowski who runs our scouting department along with Garrett will find the BPA who fills a need. No doubt more can be added to the OL and depending who is on the board at that time it could be an OL player but I would not pass up a better player just because he did not play on the OL
  3. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    why not, last year people said Jerry never picked a OL in round one and he did it. If the top of the board says a OL and Jason wants a OL it will be a OL.
  4. drawnstripes

drawnstripes Benched

167 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea but last year was different there was a possible ten year Starter sitting there for us

I think we go CB or OLB
  5. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,192 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    there could be a possible 10 year start sitting there at C and OG too this year.
    OLB would be a big gamble, with how many bust OLB are drafted and then asking a rookie to play SOLB would be hard to do. Spencer is much better than any 17th-32nd overall SOLB could be in his 1st year.
    Everyone loves to hate on Spencer even though he has more sacks so far this year than Clay matthews does.
    CB I could see but I doubt. Newman has played very good this year, Jenkins too and they just gave a new contract to Scandrick.
    Just all depends who is there when we pick.