1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A Rant: I'm really disgusted

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cajuncocoa, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,754 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    When the owner starts using language like "changing the man in mirror" thats really bad signs. It means there is no accountability within the organization and there is more to come with similar results.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    What other options? I'll tell you what other options. Foolish options.

For the longest time I would lick my wounds all week, .. but buddy on game-day I would sit in front of my TV, I would have my Cowboys gear on, I would call my Cowboys buddies just before kick-off.

I would be all jacked up, .. living and dying on each snap.

Only to sit through what all of you have sat through over the past several games, the past several seasons.

I have to watch, .. I love'em, .. but I can't invest my heart any more. It hurts too bad.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    For me, I think I love the history of the organization more than this current team. And so, I watch this current team because they wear the same uniform as Meredith, Staubach, Aikman, Irvin, D & P Pearson, Emmitt, Tony D., Lilly, Waters & Harris, Billy Bates, Too Tall, Randy & Danny White, etc.

And in memory of The Man in the Funny Hat who deserved better than Jerry afforded him.
  4. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I've gotten to the point that the losses do not bother me any more. There was a time when I couldn't sleep for several hours after a loss. I'd be mad the entire week leading up to the next game. I would defend the team no matter what.
    My desk at work was decorated with Cowboys garb and I always wore Cowboy gear to work.

The feeling I have now is 'oh well.' I can't even muster up the enthusiasm to sport one of my $75 shirts. I've been a fan of this team since 1974 and I have never felt this way. :(
  5. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    Very well put. Absolutely agree.

With the way the current Cowboys play, .. we are only cheering past history. And that bums me out.
  6. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    WOW, ... that so describes the way I used to be as well.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,996 Messages
    1,890 Likes Received
    I have felt this way most of my adult life.
  8. WV Cowboy

11,129 Messages
    1,393 Likes Received
    This thread has helped me know that I am not the only one.

Although I already knew it because both of my sons and my wife reached this conclusion way before I did.
  9. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    I rarely wear Cowboys gear anymore. With one exception: I recently purchased a vintage-look R. Staubach t-shirt, which I wear proudly.
  10. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Hopefully things change! SOON!!!!!
  11. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I have a vintage shirt I got last year for Christmas and I've only had it on twice. :eek::
  12. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmb85 [IMG]
    I let go of the anger years ago. I won't let this team hurt me. :)
    :signmast:
    This team has made me numb I've been disappointed waaaay to often
  13. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    I've gone back and forth on this. Just don't know what to think really.
  14. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,565 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Hit one field goal and have Dez put his hand down an inch closer to the end zone, and we are 5-3 and looking at the playoffs.
  15. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Couple of blown ref calls against Tampa go the other way and you are looking at 2-4.

This could-a, should-a, would-a responses don't masque the fact after 8 games a team is pretty much what the record indicates.
  16. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,876 Messages
    2,049 Likes Received
    You pretty much nailed it.

And no way you are anywhere near alone in this.

Its sad that we only have the memories of years ago. And great memories they are. We still hang on because of those memories. They're memories that fans of other teams can only dream of. Like them we dream now, but we experienced it. We know what it is like.

No matter how bad Jerruh is and will be, he can never take away the memories. Sux to be able to only live in the past tho.

Being a long time Cowboys fan is like being a homeless guy. Homeless guys can tell you what they used to be. What they used to do. What they used to have. Yep, that same homeless guy that is pushing a shopping cart up and down the street loaded with trash, junk, and recyclables, can tell you of his memories.

16 years of Jerruh's futility has put us as Cowboys fans in the homeless football fan category pushing around a shopping cart loaded with trash. When you watch the game on Sunday, you may be sitting in a nice chair watching a nice TV, but you're still pushing that shopping cart.
  17. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,565 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Add the offensive PI call the refs missed at he end of the last game with the two things I listed above, and we might be 6-2. We could do this all day, but the bottom line is if we had a real safety instead of McCray, I think we would be in the hunt right now instead of having to climb out of a hole.
  18. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Disgust is a common thing watching the Cowboys lately.:(
  19. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

838 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I used to think that but have changed my mind of lately. He has not shown that he learns from his mistakes. Which is baffling being he is Princeton educated. He has absolutely no feel for the flow of the game and I believe that is instincts and not taught. Maybe I'm wrong. Either way I now question if he will ever be a good coach.
  20. cajuncocoa

2,465 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    Would it really matter if we're just a couple of fingers and field goals from 5-3 and contending for playoffs? Does anyone actually think we would win if we got there?

I don't want them to just make the playoffs. I'd like to think they have a shot at sticking around in the playoffs for awhile when they get there. I don't see that happening with this team this year. Do you? Really?? (not addressed to anyone in particular, just a general rhetorical question).