1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

A Run First Offense and Potential For Success?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Verdict, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

4,398 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    1. I would think that a running back would run where ever he could get the yard. :)

2. True. But history does seem to repeat itself. If we follow your suggestion to its logical conclusion, then bringing Kiffin back is a mistake, since the Tampa Cover to is a somewhat antiquated defense. :)

3. Yes. I am not trying to argue a point or suggest a conclusion, just discussing the merits of that type of offense.

I understand why you might think that I am arguing against you because it is hard to judge intent or inflection from this form of communication.

2. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

4,398 Messages
    634 Likes Received
    I know that is what they say ... but they used to say that about running backs too, and now most teams use a platoon situation at running back. I would stipulate that it would be a little bit more problematic to use a platoon at QB using the current offensive schemes in place, but I think that isn't nearly as important in a run first scheme. Player speed and decision making skills are more important than being able have passing accuracy or timing with receivers in a run first scheme.