1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A team without a home

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Oct 2, 2012.

1. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    The fabric of America's Team is tattered, frayed, and withering away.

You can not possibly imagine how many Bears jerseys were at that game last night. It was Soldier Field in Arlington. The lower bowl was about 35-40 percent Bears fans, but the upper deck was probably 60+ percent Bears fans. It was nauseating.

This is becoming an increasingly bothersome problem at Cowboys Stadium. The Giants, Eagles, Steelers, and Saints will do the same thing this year. More and more, opposing teams are owning our stadium in striking numbers.

Last night, I kid you not, I sat in the middle of about 50 Bears fans in my section alone. They were laughing themselves, shocked at how "home team" this felt for them. I'm sitting in my Cowboys jersey getting jeered like I had flown to Chicago for last night's game.

And yep, I blame this entirely on Jerry.

Just like the Drunk Hillbilly was walking around in the locker room after the game patting everybody on the butt and telling them everything's OK, the man is truly oblivious to reality.

He sits there in his perch like Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator, surveying his Colisseum, only to see the supposed sacrificial prisoners toy with his beloved hometown gladiators, publicly skewering them for all to see.

Even Jerry was surrounded with Bears fans below him. Tons of them. Does he not notice this and ask why? When you pay $75K per seat license down there, there's no way to get your money back by selling your tickets. So why are people selling their seats in droves?

I think the answer is simple. Nobody feels confident in how this franchise is run, and what kind of performance they're going to see if they go. NO ONE likes to sit there in their home stadium, game after game, and get laughed at by the opposing team's fans as they accurately point out the lack of accountability from our owner, and the consistent inconsistency that produces. Strength comes in numbers, so when they see they're not the minority, wow, do they get obnoxiously and confidently loud.

Four weeks from now, the Giants will move in and take over our stadium next. Oh, goody, I can't wait.

0-3 against the Giants in this stadium. 0-4 against the Eagles, including the last two here. 0-2 against Chicago. Ugly struggles against the hapless Redskins, and ugly losses to the Jaguars, Lions, Saints, Chargers, etc.

Cowboys Stadium is a house of horrors for the home team. And there Jerry sits, inebriated and delusional, beaming with pride over the worst home field "advantage" in the NFL.

Such a helpless feeling, watching your lifelong team be run into the ground by the bubba version of Don King, and to know he doesn't care so long as the beers and concessions are flowing.

Set the loss aside. Such things happen. But the manner, the aura, underlying feel of this organization is discomposing into something I may no longer recognize before long.

For the first time, I'm considering selling my tickets, too. I'll hold out as long as I can.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,745 Messages
    2,425 Likes Received
    Hope you do.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,558 Messages
    3,843 Likes Received
    This is how you comment on a problem.
  4. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,270 Messages
    1,161 Likes Received
    Its downright embarrassing.......
  5. Blitz88

Blitz88 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've noticed this as well, and it's very frustrating to basically have NO home field advantage. It seems like there are always just as many fans from the other team as there are for our team, at least with well known franchises like Chicago, Green Bay, Steelers, etc... And Jerry doesn't even care.
  6. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Welcome to the world of PSL and greedy owners... Its ALL owners, they dont care who buys the tickets as long as someone buys them.. The real fans are mostly gone and never coming back, they cant afford it.. Also for someone to comment by telling the guy hope you dont back is just silly... For most franchises, the day of real fans attending ganes are over and you cant blame anyone of them... The owners dont give a s**t about us fans... Welcome to the new culture of all sports.
  7. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I hope all of you sell your tickets. I wouldn't blame ya one bit!:laugh1:
  8. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Your exactly right.. Jerry DOES NOT care at all about it.. As long as someone buys his seats.. Your sadly mistaken if you think he gives a **** about you fans.. Its not just him, its MOST owners.. Yes there still are a few good ones left, I admire those guys, but welcome to the new culture about sports.. Its all about money and NOTHING else.
  9. cowboyfan4life2

cowboyfan4life2 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    Its never going to change, no one cares about the die hard fan anymore, they know the die hard fan is going to show up. It is all about attracting the casual fan to buy your product, its not just the cowboys, I have been to a few games at met life stadium, its not the same as Giants stadium. The lambeu fields, and and arrowhead stadiums are a dying breed.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,815 Messages
    1,873 Likes Received
    Now we know how opposing teams feel when the Boys travel to their stadiums.

Lots of Cowboys fan nationwide.

I've read interviews where the players have commented about the out of town support.
  11. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,662 Messages
    205 Likes Received
    I say Blow up the new POS stadium and glue back together Texas Stadium.
  12. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

Thats wrong... It dosent make you less of a fan.. Stop it.
  13. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    I know it was not the point of your post, but youre pretty funny you had me laughing yet I felt your frustration.

House of Horrors cracked me up because when Jerry was putting this stadium together he said he wanted to create a new "home field advantage" and make teams feel overwhelmed when they arrived here. But really teams seem psyched to play here because the Cowboys lay down for them and its a nice stadium lol

Chargers loss was awful and yesterdays loss was a major reminder of it.
  14. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,535 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    I think the OP is spot on. The Cowboys have no home field advantage. But if you think Jerry is concerned about how many opposing fans are in the stadium, my guess would be no, not one bit. As long as someone is buying the ticket, JJ could care less...$$$$$
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,901 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    Hey, if we don't laugh, we'll go crazy. I'm with ya.
  16. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,413 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    True, but that's not just Jerry...all NFL owners are the same where $$$ is concerned. And since opposing fans will continue to buy the tix Cowboy fans don't want, there's no way to make a statement about this to Jerry. :mad:
  17. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    frankly with a HD TV and NFL Sunday ticket im surprised anyone actually goes to the games anymore. I have a better seat on my couch ... and i get to see every game i want.

And it costs about the same as going to 1 game.
  18. LilTexan

LilTexan Always true to the Silver and Blue

165 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not sure that it's entirely, or even largely, that the fans don't want them. The median income in Texas hovers right around $50,000 a year. My family makes almost twice that and we struggle constantly to make ends meet. We couldn't possibly afford to go to even one game a season. I think that is a big part of the problem, it is just out of reach for a large number of local fans.
  19. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,211 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Wow, that must have sucked.

Were they doing the whole kiss cam thing while the Cowboys were getting their ***** handed to them?
  20. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,116 Messages
    218 Likes Received
    LOL

how about the awesome piano concert in the endzone after the game ?? Was that to celebrate the butt whipping?