1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A team without a home

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Oct 2, 2012.

1. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,573 Messages
    304 Likes Received

Todd Archer said that was so all the Bears fans had somewhere to celebrate.
  2. nablives

nablives Active Member

698 Messages
    82 Likes Received

Well, I guess that's better than sitting among a bunch of Cowboys "fans" that will tell you to sit down and shut-up if you try to make noise when the other team is on offense.

I hate that home crowd with a passion.
  3. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What??!?!?!?!?!?!? You can't be serious......piano concert??? :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  4. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

971 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I know I'm going off topic but I kind of felt the same way when the Lakers moved from the Forum to the Staples Center.

The Forum was very basic, no gimmicks, close to the action, affordable seats, great fans and it was in a low-middle class neighborhood.

Once they moved to Downtown L.A., it became a show. The expensive seats were bought by people who either just want to network with others, want to get noticed, or just have the money. I keep telling people that when the Clippers did well in 06, the Staple Center was louder than the games the Lakers had during the Shaq Kobe years.

I guess my point is the diehard fans just can't afford the price hike and it's sad imo.
  5. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

803 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    Sure that wasn't a funeral ceremony?
  6. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    The thing about the Cowboys, relative to Jerry Jones is that even when they're bad, they're good.

Everyone is talking about them. This forum is very active after a crushing loss. Bad marketing is better than no marketing. So what if everyone is piling on? Makes no difference, spread that brand around and line his pockets. I honestly don't think Jerry Jones cares.
  7. RickMoranis

RickMoranis New Member

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL

OP, I went to the game last time the Bears came to town and it was the same thing. 50% bears fans and they out-cheered our fans. The Cowboys are a laughing stock for the rest of the league.
  8. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    lol yeah man get the crowd pumped with some piano!! woo woo thanks jerry!

@garrett yeah archer doesnt usually make me laugh, but hes been pretty funny these past 3 weeks.
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received

haha I thought the ceremony was the 4th quarter
  10. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

803 Messages
    420 Likes Received
    Well, at least they had some purty music after the burial.
  11. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    Where did I call him less of a fan? I didn't. Also, couldn't it mean that Jerry needs to see other teams fans filling his seats? Yes, it could.
  12. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    Do other teams require season ticket purchasers to pay massive Personal Seat Licenses? I looked it up last night and the prices are ridiculous.
  13. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've followed the Cowboys to several cities, most of which our fans made a good representation considering our numbers. But, the home stadium is different, it's too much talking, looking around, cell phones, just a big social gathering. Some fans don't even know the basics of when to cheer and when to be quiet. The stadium is a cool experience, but the team needs more support from their fans.
  14. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,423 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Is it just me, or does anyone else see the laughable hypocrisy of lauding how great Cowboys fans are when an opposition's stadium is filled with our fans, yet scream bloody murder when the tables are turned?

;)
  15. DallasDW00ds0n

3,142 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Yeah it was like "hope you enjoyed the show!" going out music
  16. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,433 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    And don't forget...Victoria's Secret. There's so many jokes in that one, I don't even know where to start.
  17. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,433 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    It's not hypocrisy. I don't know how old you are, but I remember a time when the Cowboys could fill the stadium everywhere they went...home or away. It's lamenting the fact that it doesn't seem to be that way anymore, not even AT HOME.
  18. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,203 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    They dont deserve the stadium. Give it to the browns they have a better fanbase
  19. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,866 Messages
    2,644 Likes Received
    I will always love it when our fans take over a stadium. I will always hate it when other teams fans take over ours.

If that is hypocrisy, so be it. At least it is consistent with passion for my team.
  20. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    16 years of suckage will do that.