1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A team without a home

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Oct 2, 2012.

1. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,350 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Jerry needs to keep adding attractions that way when his team is getting mauled fans can just get up out of their seats and go find something entertaining to do instead of heading for the parking lot. It's way of attracting people and keeping them at the stadium regardless of how bad the Cowboys are playing.
  2. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    I don't know, the "get some offensive lineman" cards I'm leaving seem to be getting ignored.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    He got Parcells to get him the stadium. Now he has the stadium to get....Bears fans.
  4. KJJ

11,350 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I haven't been to the stadium yet but Jerry has it setup that even if the Cowboys suck people still want to go to the stadium and spend money because there's so much more there than just Cowboys football. Smart man!
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Even better, blow it up and play at the Cotton Bowl again, on grass in the sun and wind and cold and mud.

Yes, this is a total pipe dream, but I'd seriously love to see it. I hate that we're a dome team now. Or even worse, the world's first mall team.

I take it back. You don't have to blow up Jerryworld. You can keep it for the truly important events like concerts, rodeos, boxing matches, NBA Allstar games, BCS Bowls, and Superbowls.
  6. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    You nailed it. Jerry's got his official name.

Cowboys Mall of the America's Team Stadium
  7. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    You can't blame the owners for this though.

They had to set it up this way, especially in places like North Texas and New England where you don't have die hards, at least not die hards who can actually afford tickets.

So if the owners want to attract people they need more bells and whistles, because mostly you'll have a better time watching it at home on your enormous TV and theater than you would going to the game, waiting an hour to park, walking from god knows where to get to the stadium, getting worked over for concessions, etc.

Easy to kill Jerry but we're not the only team in this league with this problem. Everyone with a new stadium complains about the exact same thing.
  8. KJJ

11,350 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    I'm not killing him for the stadium my problem is how he runs the team and who he hires as head coaches.
  9. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  10. lane

lane The Chairman

10,874 Messages
    780 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. KJJ

11,350 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    That's about how disorganized his team looks on the field.
  12. lane

lane The Chairman

10,874 Messages
    780 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  13. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

820 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    This is so true, I have a very good buddy in Phoenix who is a steelers fan. We talk smack back and forth all the time. He's going to the December game at our stadium, and has been for weeks begging me to fly and and join him - so he can revell in my misery as they give us a beat down ! Yep, he was that confident BEFORE monday night. He will be down right irritating now. :mad:
  14. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,439 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  15. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Holy crap, I forgot about that video. Such a violent collision, those people look like bowling pins. Wow.
  16. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received

yeah a new home field advantage that will fill his pockets with millions... NONE of these owners ive a flying F**K about the fans
  17. Candlestick

Candlestick New Member

10 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Would you say the Cowboys' fans travel well?

There were A LOT at Candlestick Park last year.

For the record, the Giants' fans complain they have little to no home field advantage either.
  18. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,150 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    AHAHAHHA

thats an epic response in this thread

bravo superpunk, bravo sir
  19. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,150 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    It looks like our offensive line... and that guy rolling out in the end? thats romo.
  20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,516 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    You mean the women are wearing tshirts as dresses? Awesome :D