1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

A-train value

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by wesleyc288, Nov 2, 2005.

1. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

720 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hey fellas, i just got a quick question and comment......arnt we out of a 4th round draft pick this year because of the philly deal to get canty? and do you think that we could have got a 4th or even a 5th for a-train instead of just releasing him? i would think that a team like New Orleans would give a 4th or 5th for a-train considering their lack of running back depth. Werent they intrested at one time, right after duece got hurt?
  2. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,149 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Trade deadline is passed.
  3. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

720 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    O....that would make sense, my bad.....that was incredibly stupid
  4. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    A-Train has no trade value because he won't start. He was there to be had by anyone in the offseason, and no one bit. He represents depth for a team that has lost depth. Dallas hopes to go three deep at tailback, so he's worth nada to us (in fact he's a negative because he's taking up a roster spot) and teams know this.

I'll bet the Eagles pick him up.
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think we would have traded him before the deadline had JJ not gotten hurt.
  6. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,149 Messages
    835 Likes Received
    Don't forget we really didn't have a good read on Barber yet either. I'm not sure we would have even if JJ had been healthy.
  7. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I think they were shopping him before the deadline and there was limited interest. I'm a little surprised that we couldn't get a cond. 6th or 7th for him...but guess not.