1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Aaron Rodgers' thoughts on not being in Dukes' top 5

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by TheSport78, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    This is what I tweeted to Rodgers earlier today:

@AaronRodgers12 not sure why Jamie Dukes didn't put u on his top 5 nfl qbs, mcnabb a top 5 qb? child please. about 3 hours ago via web in reply to AaronRodgers12

And he responded this:

AaronRodgers12
    @TheSport519 he's never been a fan of mine. His rankings are about as important to me as the oracle octopuses world cup picks about 2 hours ago via Twitterrific in reply to TheSport519

So there you have it. Add Rodgers to the list to the petition of getting Dukes fired :lmao2:. :lmao2:That was pretty awesome (oracle octopus).
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Aaron Rogers is pretty cool.
  3. TheSport78

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I always thought he was a great QB but now I think he's a pretty cool dude also. Anyone who throws Jaws, Kornheiser AND Dukes under the bus is fine by me. :laugh2:
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,388 Messages
    536 Likes Received
    Hey the octopus is straight fire, 9 for 9 or something like that.

P.S. I really like AR.
  5. TheSport78

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  6. Prime21

Prime21 Member

69 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shoot Out!!!
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,685 Messages
    489 Likes Received
    That's what I was thinking. Paul, the oracle octopus has been perfect on World Cup picks. Maybe ESPN can get him to take Dukes' place. I think the octopus is more intelligent.
  8. BEASToftheEAST

BEASToftheEAST Member

219 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course he's cool, he's from Chico.;)
  9. Dhragon

Dhragon Deadly Claws of Death

1,288 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Might start to hate him later on if a real rivalry can develop between the Boys and Packers again. But got to admit that for now, I also like the guy.
  10. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,453 Messages
    2,797 Likes Received
    Fantastic QB. Needs a better OL to really take off. Apparently a pretty nice guy, too.
  11. nflandbooze

nflandbooze New Member

292 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't care for AR, but I respect the hell out of his game. In terms of talent, I think he's arguably a top 4 or 5 guy, possibly top 3!!!
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    I agree with his rants towards Dukes and before that ESPN (I think it was them), but he's starting to walk a very dangerous line. If you start a war with the media, you're going to lose. He's starting so sound like an ecomaniac too for a guy that hasn't even won a playoff game.
  13. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    All this AR luv is bout to make me :ralph: . Dude needs to win a playoff game like they said Romo had to do. Romo was top notch but all your heard the idiots say was, HE HASN'T WON A PLAYOFF GAME. Well, neither has AR.... Besides that, his game is good. :D
  14. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,008 Messages
    1,199 Likes Received

It was BS when they said it about Romo and it is BS now when they say it about Rogers.

Look no further than Dan Marino to see that a QB's postseason record has an awful lot to do with the team around them.

It is hard to win in the playoffs without a good QB. However, there are plenty of good QB's that have lost playoff games.

Is Peyton Manning suddenly not a very good QB because the Saints beat his team in the super bowl? Is Eli now better than Brady? Is Big Ben better than both P Manning and Brady? If a QB's defense sucks and his team can't make the playoffs, is that QB now a non-elite QB automatically because he didn't make the postseason?

Aaron is one heck of a QB and so is Tony. They both have the ability to win a super bowl if their team doesn't let them down.
  15. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,412 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Rogers is way better than we give him credit for.
    But he dont needs to be so sensitive and stuff because he just has to prove the critics wrong and not be responding to every so-called critic or hater.
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,570 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    I personally like Dukes but believe he is wrong in areas.

I don't take much of what he says as gospel, but just opinion.

So it ain't personal.
  17. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,970 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Wow it's really an octopus..:laugh1:
  18. rysko

rysko New Member

491 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So when Romo wasn't listed as a top 5 qb, but we knew he was, you didn't complain about bias. Rodgers is the 4th or 5th best qb in the league. That period should be capitalized ^-^
  19. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,172 Messages
    1,110 Likes Received
    I agree that Aaron Rogers is going to become the NFL version of the Dark Prince if he responds every time someone in the media makes a perceived slight against him.

Is anyone else as surprised as I am that he is becoming so vocal? Based on what I saw of him up to this year -- he didn't seem to be that type.
  20. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,184 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I put Dukes in the same category as Kornheiser and Wilbon, entertaining to listen to occassionally but really has almost no clue what he is talking about.