1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

AB FA Blurb

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Drederick Tatum, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Drederick Tatum

Drederick Tatum Member

269 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Browns | Team has decision to make at wide receiver
    Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:57:38 -0800
    Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl">Cleveland Browns will have decisions to make at the wide receiver position this offseason. WR Braylon Edwards (knee) might not be ready for the start of the 2006 season and players usually don't return to form until their second year after ACL surgery. WR Antonio Bryant is eligible for free agency after the 2005 season and may carry a large price-tag, which could cause the team to pick up WR Dennis Northcutt's $1.5 million roster bonus instead.

AB commanding some big bucks!
  2. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I'd take AB back at this point.

He may also be a lot more productive this time around having Bledsoe throw to him rather than the likes of Quincy and Hutch.

I realize that he has a lot of baggage, but a lot of you guys are willing to bring in TO.

But out of all the troubled WRs, the one I'd want most is Chad Johnson (if he were to become available).
  3. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,374 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    My question is why would AB bring a high price tag? Hes avaerage at best.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    it was only a matter of time
  5. Drederick Tatum

Drederick Tatum Member

269 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You know Chris Carter F'd up as a young player and was able to calm himself and mature into a top WR. I don't know if AB has that potential to mature the way Chris did, but I would hope with maturity he sees that has talent but must control his emotions to make maximum use of it.
  6. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    He's young and has potential. Someone will pay him.
  7. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    As long as it's not us.:thumbup:
  8. NovaCowboy

NovaCowboy Benched

634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Another genius Parcells move trading away AB.

Pure talent
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,133 Messages
    4,330 Likes Received
    The answer is always no.
  10. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    More like pure cancer.
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    no, more like poor-man's TO
  12. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,769 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    I would rather take a shot at Koren Robinson. Put protective clause to reclaim his signing bonus if he is supended for substance abuse.
  13. CowboyExpress

CowboyExpress New Member

110 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It could be an opportune time for Parcells to bring him back now. It could have been simply a lesson in life curtisy of Bill Parcells to Bryant. We all know Parcells' highly favored this kid when he was here, so he must have seen something in him to put the time and effort in. Perhaps trading him was the only move Parcells could do to try 'n get through to him.

So in essence one could say for a short period of time (a very short) that AB was one of Parcells' "guys". And gee, we've never seen one of "parcells guys" return and play for him again down the road, have we? And it's never been a trouble wide reciever before, has it?

Sometimes when a kid misbehaves the only solution is sticking them in a corner. Now someone tell me Cleveland is not the NFL equivelant to a corner?

Antonio Bryant very well could be a Cowboy again. I could see it happening. BUT only as long as Parcells is still here.
  14. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,607 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    He caused trouble at Clevland- so he has NOT learned his lesson. He really did not act all that much different there then here. If he really had impressed the Browns management they would be working to sign him. That they do not seem all that interested should speak volumes.
  15. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,176 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    AB definity has talent....but poor attitude.
  16. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BP knows the guy, okay......and he got rid of him.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If given the choice between TO and AB I'd rather have AB but he'd have to demonstrate he's fixed the attitude problem.
  18. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    We also need help in the OL. lol.
  19. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,697 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    lawrence phillips had talent, heck some thought clarrett had talent. there's more to the game than just talent. you have to have enough sence to do what you team ask of you. not refuse to leave the field in the middle of a game and cause your team a t.o.
    heck t.o. has never caused his team to have to call a time out just to get him off the field
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,569 Likes Received
    I don't want to see that man here in Dallas unless he's playing against us. He's just a mean a-hole.