1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ABC, NBC Won't Air Ad Critical of Obama's Health Care Plan

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Aug 27, 2009.

1. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    i had read that the AARP was not endorsing any plan yet if at all so i am surprised for 2 reasons...yours and what i had read earlier
  2. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Welcome to Obama Land. Please enjoy your stay.
  3. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I can't imagine the AARP would endorse that health care plan. Sure it wasn't for something else health-care related?
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received

Why would the democrat infested AARP not back Obama Care? Are you suggesting Obama care may not be good for our senior citizens? Obama has bought off Big Phamra with promises of extended patents on new drugs and has bought off a couple medical groups with the promise of not cutting government payments for procedures too much. I am sure there is trick he will use to buy off the AARP.
  5. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I saw an ad last night on TV for AARP endorsing Obama's HCR. It talked about people getting misinformation and such.

Actually here is the ad.

[youtube]TNrUAve-opU[/youtube]
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    since when has TV cared about factual claims of a commercial?
  7. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Because the AARP is also infested with old people. And old people, by and large, want no part of this.

Looks like it IS an AARP ad. Can't imagine a lot of the card-carrying members are real thrilled about this.
  8. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    maybe. but the flip side is that while dr pepper or whoever has to show the truth in their advertisting, that doesn't hold with policitcal ads. if this is a political ad from what i understand "factualities" don't matter.

put both sides down and use a neutral set of rules.
    1) do these tv channels filter *all* their political ads like this?
    2) what are the *facts* in question they want clarified?

if 1 is yes and 2 is legit - ok.

if 1 is no, then i hope these stations don't try to proclaim to be neutral.
  9. iceberg

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    it's only a simple request if they make obama clarify points of "fact" also.

the word "fact" can be so misused and guided in here it's a dangerous game to play. as it stands now it's very biased and while i support obama, i DO NOT support our media doing covert ops for the president.

on EITHER side.

that's not their job. if it is then they need to be PR, not a media channel selling ads that fit their agenda.