1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

ABQ Scenario

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by ABQcowboyJR, Jan 12, 2013.

1. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I know this is a little out there but its a scenario thats been floating around in my head.

I'm keeping Rat and cutting Free and letting Spencer walk. Cowboys trade Tony Romo to the Kansas city chiefs for 2013 2nd round, 2014 1st round pick and 2014 4th round pick. Helps us clear up some cap space and start to rebuild. I'm all in favor of blowing it up this offseason.

#18 Alec Ogletree - would give us a heck of a LB core.

#34 Ryan Nassib - Would also consider Bray here. I guess pick which ever one you like.

#47 Larry Warford

#82 Baccari Rambo

#111 Joe Kruger

#144 Kyle Long - No telling how much his stock might rise, if he is there i'm taking him. Brian Winters is a guy that has recently gotten on my radar that I would take here.

#175 Zach Line

With the ammo gained from trading Romo I'm gonna try and move up to Clowney in 2014.
    :star:
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,720 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    props on going Stanley Kubrick on us......that scenario was way out there....

prepare to have the other posters tear it apart. I am still digesting the post, so I will have to save my actual critique for later.....plus I am trying to catch up on season 8 of How I Met Your Mother.
  3. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,983 Messages
    585 Likes Received
    The fact that Romo is coming up to the point where he needs to be resigned kills any hypothetical trade value he might have. I don't think there are a whole lot of teams who are interested in giving up high draft picks AND commit a long term and big $ contract to Romo at this point. Especially after this past playoff performance.

Best case scenario I could see would be a win now team like the Jets who would take him for a 2nd or maybe 3rd round pick or something along those lines.
  4. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,246 Messages
    1,171 Likes Received
    Nassib is a lock for Buffalo
  5. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,786 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    If Reid would give up high draft picks for romo.....i would pull the trigger
  6. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I realize people are going to have fun with their little mocks & offseason moves to make, but they also should try and be a little realistic. As much as people want Romo gone, the Jones family is sticking with him & going to lock him up to a long term deal here soon.
  7. ABQcowboyJR

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Yeah I don't expect Jerry to trade Romo. However, it is what I would try and do with him if I were the GM. There always comes a time in every players career when its time for a franchise to let go. I believe it is time in Romo's career. Not because he isn't good and can't get it done, because I believe he can. It's really just a financial thing for me. We have been presented with a situation in which we can go head first into rebuild mode. We have a nice young core group in Lee, Carter, Dez, Murray, Smith, Mo, Carr. IMO it is a good time to start a full on rebuild.
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,786 Messages
    263 Likes Received
    Just for the record, i dont necessarily want romo gone, but if reid is willing to give up enough for him i would take the deal, and that goes for almost any player.

There are some players that you look at like a player of their caliber comes once every few years - to me Romo is not that player.
  9. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    My question is, in this scenario, do they start Orton to try to get more wins or do they follow the same approach teams have for the last couple years and thrust Nassib in from the very beginning?
  10. ABQcowboyJR

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    If it were me I would probably start Orton. But hey, lets get a QB battle in camp and may the best QB win.
  11. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,587 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    I think that Orton would be better then any option you would draft this year so I would also probably start Orton or whichever FA QB they might think about bringing in. I think you sign a developmental QB this year and think about drafting somebody next year. JMO.
  12. Sifillest

Sifillest Member

474 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Would certainly make for an interesting TC/Preseason
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,587 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    There are really two QB prospects I like in this draft. One is EJ Manuel, who will probably be a mid round pick and the other is Collin Klein who could very well be an UFA.

Manuel could go higher if somebody falls in love with his tools but I think it would be a mistake.
  14. ABQcowboyJR

2,891 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    I like Manuel as well. No love for Bray or Nassib?