1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Won't happen because they have a Rookie QB. 2-3 the rest of the season.
  2. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    First thing I thought
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,373 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Just last week it was very plausible (almost a certainty) that the Cowboys would be in first place.

After-all, the Giants would get smoked by GB and no way we lose to the deadskins.
  4. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

517 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    That is proabably the more likely scenario:lmao2:
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,507 Messages
    889 Likes Received
  6. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    We don't necessarily need Seattle to finish a game behind us. We can win a three-team tiebreaker that includes us and Seattle.

Here is one example --

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoff...01005&14=00544111&15=05155101&16=40005110&17=

We would win the tiebreaker at 9-7 between us, Seattle and Tampa Bay.

Here's another scenario in which we tie Green Bay and Seattle at 9-7 --

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoff...01105&14=00544111&15=05155101&16=40001110&17=

In this case, Seattle would get the first wild card, we'd get the second, and Green Bay would be out of the playoffs.

Of course, all of these scenarios depend on teams winning or losing the right games, but the tiebreaker isn't as simple as us needing to finish one game ahead of Seattle in order to get a wild card. There are plenty of ways to get in without that happening.
  7. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,340 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Seattle is 0-3 in the division. yet you have them as a lock to go 2-1? :rolleyes:

Seattle just lost at Miami , yet they are a lock to win at buffalo? :rolleyes:
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,107 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    yeah, lets just beat the Eagles first please :)
  9. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    The Bills go to Seattle in December............LOSS
  10. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Seattle has been awful on the road.. I'm actually more worried about the skins and Saints then I am Seattle.

but again, Cowboys have to go at least 4 and 1 in the next five and actually the matchups don't scare me except for the skins because the next four games, we face teams with terrible running games.

It's the cowboys mentality that tells me we'll finish 8-8 or worse, not the games on paper.
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,225 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    Guys, the problem is that we have to finish 9-7 to have any realistic shot at all, I have played around with the playoff generator too. I cant get Dallas into the playoffs with an 8-8 record unless I just start making up outcomes to games.

We have 6 losses already, that means we have to go 4-1 at a minimium. Our schedule.......

Eagles
    Steelers
    Bengals
    Saints
    Skins

We are only going to lose only 1 of these games? Yea, right.

We are done guys.
  13. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    ^I could make a case for every game as being winnable (not that I would bank it )

Eagles- Dead team

Bengals: decent team but beatable.. we've played okay on the Road and they're not gonna run it down our throats.

Steelers: at home, won't know the state of big ben.. still scariest game on the scheduale.

Saints: Might be done by then. Their o-line is just as bad and their d sucks.

Redskins: Tough game but maybe having game film on them against us will help.

4-1 is not impossible given the matchups like I've said before. If we had the texans, pats, Niners upcoming i'd give us zero shot.
  14. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

NFC east teams don't win in Cincy
  15. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,018 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    You know what sucks? We are such a weird team I can see us rallying and being in a position to make the playoffs, and then blowing it the last 2 games of the season. This team seems to always get you locked in and excited only to disappoint you in the end.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,923 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    More posts about us being absolutely done when we've got 5 winnable games left to play. We're not exactly up against a murderer's row of competition for that WC spot, either. Some lucky team that hasn't looked all that impressive to-date is going to get in.
  17. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    What I would like to see is the offense wake up from the dead. Please Garrett, run the hurry up offense (not the no huddle) but the hurry up offense the first half. If it doesn't work, then so be it, you at least tried.

If we can start winning the first quarter, then the first half, it starts the process of winning.

Win something, and it will show us how to win games.
  18. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,572 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    So most of these scenarios have us rooting for the Giants to win Monday? I still don't think the Giants are very good and can easily see them dialing up 1-4 the rest of the way.
  19. CowboysFanSince88

4,022 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Last time a team from the NFC East won in Cincy was Sept of 1991
  20. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Maaaaaan I've been wanting this for awhile now, don't know why he doesn't do it.