1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoff...01005&14=00444501&15=05155101&16=40005110&17=

In this scenario, we finish tied with Tampa Bay and Seattle at 8-8, and we win the tiebreaker. All I did was set it by winning percentage, make us finish 8-8 (win, lose, lose, win, win), change Tampa Bay to a loss at New Orleans (very possible) and change Seattle to a loss at Buffalo (the Seahawks are terrible when they go east). That's not too far-fetched.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,473 Messages
    5,225 Likes Received
    So, you think it's something about the entire NFCE that's keeping us from winning in Cincinnati? That seems...unlikely.

CIN has a pretty good team. That'll be a tough game for us. I think NO will be even tougher. They're basically playoff games for us, if we get past the wingless Eagles.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    The team that just got beat by the Dolphins and let Ryan Tannehill score 17 unanswered points on them in the 4th quarter?

I see them winning 2 more games. Any time Seattle plays on the road, you can almost automatically chalk it up as a loss (they're currently 1-5 away from Seattle). They got 3 more home games, and one of those games is against San Francisco in Week 16 when SF will probably still be playing for home field.
  4. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,388 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

since you obviously don't seem to know what you are talking about, I'll just ignore your ridiculous prognostications from here on out.
  5. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    68 Likes Received

No I;m saying that even when we had Aikman, Irvin, and Emmit we still lost in Cincy and it's something that is not accomplished that often.

The last time a NFC East team came close to winning in Cincy was in 2008 and that was the Eagles was ending in a TIE
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,806 Messages
    2,019 Likes Received
    I don't think this is true.

As I recall, in 1994, the Cowboys won in Cincy. It was the game in which Switzer and Schula exchanged words at the end.
  7. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Last time the Cowboys won 4 games in December was 1993.

Last one out turn off the light.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,042 Messages
    68 Likes Received

I was thinking about the 1997 game. So the 1994 game was the last time a nfc east team won in cincy

still a long time
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,373 Messages
    2,102 Likes Received
    Anyone who's ever parlayed a bet knows that having 5 things go in your favor is pretty rare.

Not that it matters.

Dallas has tougher opponents than the garbage Eagles ahead..........and even they will prove to be a test.
  10. Idgit

29,473 Messages
    5,225 Likes Received
    Still struggling with why it matters. Is it statistically significant for some reason that escapes me?
  11. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Active Member

253 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Although we must get our stuff together and go on a run, in the playoff scenerio unfolding, do we want Washington or the Giants to win??? I thinking a redskin win would wreck the giants division record and the last game of the year would prove Huge for us to take the East...Am I on the right track???? Thoughts...
  12. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    428 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,598 Messages
    1,997 Likes Received
    At least for one week, the odds are not bad.

But any way you slice it, we probably have to win at least 4 of 5..and maybe even 5 of 5 to get in.

So theorectially, we could drop the Cincy game if we wone the rest.
    Long odds, but not mathmatically eliminated by any means.

I'll take a win this week first please.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,997 Messages
    1,209 Likes Received
    Yep, and the defending SB champs never lose on opening day.

The Cowboys are 8-0 against the Skins on Thanksgiving.

Andy Reid is 13-0 after a bye.
  15. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,488 Messages
    1,268 Likes Received
    This team isnt making the playoffs as a wildcard
  16. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,240 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    This team can still make the playoffs and odds are not even long.

While it is hard to believe this wounded dog can hunt; truth is it will be battling 2 or 3 other mangy mutts for the final playoff spot.

People above talking about Seattle? You mean the team about to lose both starting CBs for the rest of the season??

Most of our fans are even experts on this team yet want to analyze the other teams? lol.

Dallas' biggest challenge may well be the Redskins. I fully expect that final regular season game in Washington DC to have meaning.

Glad to see some bodies return to practice. We can use some luck on that front.
  17. Idgit

29,473 Messages
    5,225 Likes Received
    Exactly. I consider this more a quirky factoid than an indictor of anything. It shows you how sad our posters are that, all this talk about CIN, and nobody's taking the opportunity to take a shot at Terrence Newman.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,598 Messages
    1,997 Likes Received
    I agree that anything is possible.
    But if you run the numbers over the next 5 games for all those teams, you'll see that the odds are VERY long.
    Unless you feel good about us winning either 4 or 5 games out of 5....of well, you get the picture.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,240 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    I have played with those scenarios as much as most here.

Really odds arent bad. Dallas needs to win games but so does everyone else. And the games are hardly unwinnable.

Pretty much every scenario where I get Dallas to 9-7 they make it in as the 6th seed. Will they get to 9-7? I don't know but if they do there wont be any big upsets along the way.

If you go based on defensive rank Dallas is in. If you go based on home team and Dallas also beats Wash the last game, they win the division and would be in even if they didn't.

Dallas needs to win this week to get back to .500. From there things are very possible. We are hardly world beaters but we are not playing world beaters either. We pretty much just need to stop sucking to have a chance.
  20. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,604 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    Understand, the only reason Dallas would be in that 6th spot is because they avoid head to head due to three or more teams being tied.

If it was just Seattle or just Washington, the Cowboys would not be in that spot.