1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. YNWA

YNWA Benched

5 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    not sure how I feel about that... *cough* 44-6 *cough*
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    we play washington again. winning that match up is key obviously.
    seattle is almost certainly going to fall with their starting CBs out of action.
    they have them this week but play chicago on the road.

way too early to write off this season. 2 more losses and then we can drive the steal through its heart. this isnt college football, the 16 game regular season is all about getting into the playoffs. once there all bets are off.
    wild card teams and 9/10 win teams are fairing very well of late in the playoffs.

i just want this month to remain relevant football. win enough games to get to week 17 8-7 and have that washington game be the deciding factor.
  3. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Not to be a debbie downer but the only game I think we win from here on out is against Philly...
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    I think winning any single game would not shock me. It's the fact that we have to win 4 of 5...so stacking those odds each week...that's what makes the odds so long.

Beating just one of New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Cincy on the road, or Washington on the road are all doable in a vacuum. But assumin gwe beat Philly we still have to win either every one of those game or at least 3 of them.

Again, not impossible, but highly improbable given our current injury situation paired with that schedule.
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I agree with everything here as a fan. Make the regular season mean something because I don't want to go into next week with the season basically done.

That being said, I do not see how we can get that to happen with our hyper injured defense and the worst offense we have put on the field since 2004.
  6. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

1,919 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    I think the same thing. This team had only one two game winning streak. lol at playoffs.
  7. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

7,091 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Well the good news is that we still have a shot. If we win we are in. If we can't beat those guys than I really don't want to be in anyway. Its going to be a much tougher stretch in the post season.
  8. rocyaice

7,091 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    You know its one thing to think this team won't go on a run and get into the post season but its another to simply write it off and say they have no shot. Especially when they are facing very beatable teams. And the Cowboys are a beatable team themselves. But wow. I guess its easier to be a debby downer than a optimistic fan.
  9. DFWJC

23,525 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    :starspin :starspin :starspin

We have a shot...it's a looooong shot, but it's still a shot.
  10. rocyaice

7,091 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Yea it is. This is probably the last chance for this team to get it. They have had 3 or 4 chances and here's there last one. I actually think they have a shot if Garrett just coaches like he has nothing to lose and let Romo basically run the offense. There's no shame in it.
  11. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,070 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    And one more could be enough to get us into the playoffs.
  12. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,361 Messages
    1,349 Likes Received
  13. DFWJC

23,525 Messages
    2,394 Likes Received
    I think it would take 2 more two win streaks to get in. If we go 2 wins, a loss, a two wins...we are in at 9-7
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,452 Messages
    6,009 Likes Received
    washington's schedule still worries me. they have it pretty easy down the stretch plus homefield in a final game vs us.

vs. NYG
    vs. BAL
    @ CLE
    @ PHI
    vs. DAL

two very winnable road games and three even match ups at home. idk if Baltimore's offense can keep up with RG3. hopefully Ray Lewis is back by then and gives them a boost on D. we really need the giants to beat them this week to give us some leeway if we slip up vs. Cincy (which is highly possible).

honestly at this point i'd be ecstatic if we were in a win and get in scenario in week 17. that'd be the most highly rated dal/was game in YEARS.
  15. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    That's worry about Philly first.;)
  16. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,459 Messages
    194 Likes Received

I have moved past the eagles, we got that
  17. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    this time last year the nyg were 6-5 but lost the week 13 game to fall to 6-6. At 6-6 they began to play each week like a playoff game. they largely improved in two areas. the DBs started to get healthier and simply play better. the ol slowly improved as they got into the playoffs. at the start of this stretch their ol was as bad as ours has been.

they were in all out eli save us mode weekly really because they couldn't run a lick.

the similarities are very strong with this 2012 cowboys team. people were once again chirping about coughlin getting fired even.

us having this lightning in a bottle stuff happen is insanely unlikely. but getting to the playoffs is decidedly less long odds. if dallas wins this week as a 10 point favorite at home, they go to 50/50 odds according to most playoff predictors. the odds are probably even higher than that given new orleans losing last night now and seattle about to lose their starting cbs for the rest of the season.

the games:
    w v philly
    l at cincy
    w v steelers (they got more bad news on raperberger this morning)
    w v new orleans who is probably eliminated at this point.
    WASH --- Dallas is 8-7 playing for playoff spot in about every possible scenario. COULD be playing for division title even.

so long as dallas wins all but 1 game and loses that 1 game to cincy or the steelers they are in pretty good shape.

as hard as winning 4 of 5 may be, they at least control about 90% of their destiny STILL.

will this beat up, low iq at times football team rise to the occasion??? quite possibly not. but you don't give up with everything you play for still out there for the taking.

i have said for weeks now this team is juts good enough to break our hearts. i really do believe that.
  18. windjc

windjc Active Member

645 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    The biggest difference I see is the Giants didnt lose their best two middle linebackers for the season. I just don't think Dallas can keep teams from scoring now. There is a gaping hole in the center of the defense.

We have been decimated on defense. Which just puts more pressure on the offense.

It will take a miracle to get to the playoffs. But how would be ever win if we got there. We aren't nearly as talented right now as the 2011 Giants were.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    One could argue Ernie Sims and Dan Connor are nearly as good as the Giants LBs from last year. MLB and WLB. Boley and Kiwanuka are solid players but hardly Sean Lee and Bruce Carter. Herzlich and Blackburn started 6 games between them.

Overall I agree with you, that this team is far more injured and beat up. And I am definitely NOT suggesting we are watching some magical SB win run. I still think this team can fight and claw their way to a meaningful week 17. If they get through that and play a meaningful week 18 I am a happy fan.
  20. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

787 Messages
    102 Likes Received

I agree with you esp. the last part. I don't expect many things from this team but they find a way to hurt me still lol. I expect them to be in a position where if they win, they're in, lose, out

And I expect to be hurt again lol.