1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Nobody on this board should be looking at a playoff picture until we beat Cincy
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,132 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    This a complete throw away post.

Anyone who cares if the Cowboys make the playoffs or not should have some idea what it would take to do so.

What is clear is that you haven't studied it much when you make posts like the above.

Dallas doesn't need to beat Cincy to make it. In fact of all the games remaining Cincy is probably the most logical loss.
  3. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

700 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    With Big Ben still hurting, he might not even play in the Cowboy game. The Saints are already pretty much done after last night. I'm not saying the Cowboys will go on a run but the only teams that they face coming up that will be healthy and fighting for a spot are the Bengals and maybe Skins last week.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,438 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    I thought the Giants Dline also got healthy. So did Bradshaw.

But your reasoning makes sense. If somehow, this team does (mostly) still control it's destiny. Go 4-1 and that almost certainly will do it.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,132 Messages
    1,035 Likes Received
    Tuck and Pierre-Paul missed a few games but Akumara missed like 10 and they dont have the quality depth at DB they do at DL. He came back and gave them some quality CB depth. Phillips, Rolle and Grant gave them plus safety play the last month plus.

Don't think Bradshaw topped 60 yards rushing that last month. He might have been a beast in the playoffs though. NYG use a RB by committee generally.

Watching them the difference in coverage was so huge. Game 1 this year we also feasted on terrible coverage. Definitely different team with all their CBs healthy.
  6. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received

Well if they are sitting at 6-7 next week after losing to cincy that means they have to win out and that's probably not possible.
  7. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Winning an OT nailbitter agains the power house Browns and then getting destroyed by a rookie QB on Thanksgiving kinda took the wind out of the sails for most fans.

Cant say I blame them, I have no faith at all that this team can make the playoffs.
  8. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,314 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Dallas doesnt need to beat Cincy to make the playoffs? So we are running the table in our other 4 games, because 8-8 aint getting it done for playoffs.

We have to be 9-7 at a minimium, that means only 1 loss the rest of the season. If that one loss is Cincy, then we go 4-0 against the rest of our remaining schedule, which includes a trip to DC to play the Skins again who just embarrassed us on Thanksgiving.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,000 Messages
    4,867 Likes Received
    Why isn't it possible? There's not a team we can't beat on the schedule. It may not be likely, but that's another matter.

If you're going to the playoffs anyway, this is the quarter of the season when you want your guys to be hot. We've got a favorable schedule and a shot at both the wildcard and the NFCE still. And we're getting a bit healthier. Just see what happens next week, and then see what happens the week after that. There's still a lot of football to play, and a couple of these NFC teams are going to end up qualifying. They all look flawed to me.
  10. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,935 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    That might be your opinion, but it's not true right now. We could make the playoffs at 8-8, and it's not even a far-fetched possibility.
  11. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Hey Adam, are you going to give us a new breakdown player by player on each ones 2013 salary and cap hit and our overall salary picture?:confused:
  12. DFWJC

22,438 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    I was thinking that too, to some degree.
    In reality, I think it almost has to be 9-7.
    There's so many road blacks at 8-8, I bet the odds are much less than 10% (maybe less than 5%).

For example, although I expect Seattle to falter, they would have to lose 4 out of 5 to not be ahead of an 8-8 Dallas. Seeing that they have a few home games, I see them winning at least 2. And that is only one of the 4-5 teams we have to top.

So it is possible, amazingly, to get in at 8-8. But I think we have real strong shot if we get to 9-7.
  13. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Yeah, but Seattle beat us, so doesn't that mean they would get the 6th seed if we end up in a tie?
  14. DFWJC

22,438 Messages
    1,908 Likes Received
    Yes........
    Seattle would have to lose 4 of 5 for us to have a shot at 8-8.
  15. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,751 Messages
    1,951 Likes Received
    Dude, people on this board can do what they want.
  16. choachip05

choachip05 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love the generator!! :star:
  17. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,206 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Let's get it started then.
    Win out and chances are we are in.
  18. CowboysFanSince88

4,023 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    The odds of a wildcard is very low. Division is the only way in
  19. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,951 Messages
    4,037 Likes Received
    still need the stinking giants to lose. i wouldn't be shocked if they win out.
  20. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,206 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    If we win out theres a good chance we could be the 6th seed, chicago or Seattle would have to lose 2 out of 3 but Chicago plays GB and @Det and Seattle plays @Buff and vs SF so it's not impossible.