1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

According to the Yahoo playoff generator...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 28, 2012.

1. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They've lost 3 of their last 5, including getting manhandled by the Bengals.

If they hadn't won big yesterday, people would be questioning whether or not they make the playoffs.

Wildy inconsistent team.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,755 Messages
    1,307 Likes Received
    I think they lose both. The Ravens and Falcons need those games just as badly as the Giants do. I just have a hard time seeing the Giants winning either on the road against two very good teams that have a little pressure on them.
  3. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,978 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Eli isn't playing well. Those defenses will make him pay hopefully.
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    The Giants are scorching hot right now and they are the defending world champs so it's a coin toss I believe.

I'm not going to look ahead until we beat Pitt. I really think we're going to lose this week. I think Pitt will just sit back and let our team self destruct and they will just take advantage of it.

I also see our defense just getting gashed to the point where we just can't get the ball. I don't like this matchup for our defense.
  5. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    How exactly are they scorching hot? Because New Orleans can't cover a Kickoff?

Eli had a pick six terrible Int, another terrible Int and 2 more that between both hands of the DB. New Orleans D was absolutely pathetic at times as well.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,135 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    I'd feel better about it if both ATL and BAL hadn't lost to worse or comparable teams this last weekend. At least both games are at home, where ATL and BAL are both much tougher to beat.
  7. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,978 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Eli did not play well last night. I hate the media.
  8. CowboysFanSince88

CowboysFanSince88 Well-Known Member

4,477 Messages
    196 Likes Received

He was bailed out from the return guy. Remember they were down 7-0 and was able to tie the game on a kickoff return

But after seeing Atlanta yesterday I believe the Giants win next week
  9. CowboysFanSince88

4,477 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    Atlanta is not a very good team and that was confirmed yesterday.
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Oh, please......

1 game.....
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Like someone mentioned already, we have to root for Philly because if they beat the Giants then it's obviously a loss but it also brings them to 2-4 in the division and if I think that we even have a game to lose still as long as we beat Washington, hope RG3 is effected by the injury and it will make us 4-2 in the division.
  12. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,617 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    :confused: IIRC, the Falcons won't be playing for anything in that last game,,, it's gonna be a Giant freebie
  13. CowboysFanSince88

4,477 Messages
    196 Likes Received

Don't come to me with that one game mess. They are a 11-2 playing a 4-9 team on the road and lose by double digits?

They are one and done in the playoffs no matter who they play
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,471 Likes Received
    This is how you know a team is having a bad year. You hope for everything else to go wrong with others teams so yours has a shot. If the Cowboys took care of business during the year, they wouldn't be relying on other teams to lose etc.
  15. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,364 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    I don’t know if I’m missing something here, but they don’t play the last week of the season, they play this week and Atlanta is sure playing for something, they need that number 1 seed as much as anybody.
  16. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

532 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    G
    Baltimore hardly ever loses at home and the few times that they have the last few years, it has been to the Steelers it seems. That game in Baltimore will be tough for the Giants to win. Atlanta has won multiple games at home by the skin of their teeth. Alot of one possession games in the end.

Regarding the Giants.....Despite the two improbable Super Bowl runs where they struggled to even make the playoffs those years, I just have never been real impressed with them. If they could do what they did, anybody can win if they get in, period.

All of the sudden, analysts are all hyped up about the Giants secondary...lol. Give me a break. Also, Eli is just as apt to throw horrible interceptions as any other QB in the league. It won't be surprising when he continues to do it. I doubt he'll have kick returns for touchdowns to bail him out from here on out.

The bottomline is that anything can happen. I hope our boys just focus on the Steelers and let the chips fall where they may because if they keep winning, they have a shot to get in the playoffs and then it's a new game altogether. This team has major issues along the offensive line and injuries on defense, but every team has issues. With Romo playing the way he is and Dez getting hot, Murray is back ballin', it's about time that this team, after all of the years it has seemed the ball never bounced our way, gets a damn break.
    One can hope....
  17. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Not true, Lots of teams right now are hoping for a bounce their way. You are saying because Bryant's fingers were an inch out of bounds, now the team is having a bad year?

You know your team is having a bad year, when the final score is 58-0. Not when you can still win the division with a winning record and 3 games remaining.
  18. Idgit

32,135 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    Who's outplayed the Cowboys this year, in your opinion, in the NFCE? And have they done it through coaching, or personnel? Or both?

And why doesn't it show in anybody's won/loss record?
  19. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Gotta agree with you there. Don't forget the coaching blunder at the end of the Baltimore game. Horrible time management setting us up for a 51 yard FG to try and win, as opposed to something closer. And a complete waste of 26 seconds with 1 TO left. Sigh, we could just as easily be 9-4..
  20. Idgit

32,135 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    You are, of course, 100% right. And you have no idea how much it pains me that Skins fans are a voice of reason when Cowboys fans have, in large numbers, lost their collective minds.