1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Adam Schefter: Mark Barron Will Not Make it to Pick 14

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dgr81, Apr 25, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,345 Messages
    1,983 Likes Received
    keep your powder dry and sit tight at 14 unless you get blown away by a trade offer

pick the best player at 14, he should be a good one
  2. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,019 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    If Cox and Barron are both gone, I'm trying my hardest to move down and hope Brockers, DeCastro, Upshaw, or Kirkpatrick slide down to me. If I had to choose @ #14 I'm taking the sure thing in DeCastro or Kirkpatrick. The others have too much risk for my taste. My fear is, it's looking more and more likely we may be taking Brockers.
  3. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,401 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Will somebody please explain to me why we need another run stuffing DE?

We were 6th in the league against the rush last year, its not that big of a need. However, we were 25th in defensive passer rating. Our main problem is that nobody outside of Ware can generate any pass rush.

So our solution is to draft another run stuffer that couldnt even sniff the QB at LSU? Seriously, that is the grand scheme to fix the defense?
  4. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Bingo! I agree with most of what you said. I think you are saying we need a pass rusher but I'm leaning more toward coverage aka Barron. But def not another DE to stop the rush.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,774 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    I was kind of hoping in the press conference when they talked about bring in someone regardless of whether they're already full at a position, this is what they meant. But I assume they were talking about guard/center.
  6. Beast_from_East

14,401 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    Exactly, we either need another pass rusher or we need better coverage.
  7. myslamsareolder

myslamsareolder Member

189 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    I'd rather just stay put and pick grab Dont'a Hightower or Kirkpatrick over moving up.
  8. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Adam Schefter was just on NFL live and said "its safe to say that Mark Barron will NOT be there at 14 and if the Cowboys want him bad enough they will have to move up to get him."

In other words, I'm just reinforcing the OP
  9. Beast_from_East

14,401 Messages
    2,124 Likes Received
    If we are going to trade up, then we need to do it for Cox instead of Barron.
  10. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I'm all for Barron. I used to want DeCastro up until like 2-3 days ago but I've gotten on board with all of the hype over Barron. I'm buying into it. I think he'd make a huge impact on our team. I like interceptions more than sacks. Anyone who says he is an in the box safety and can't cover is just wrong.
  11. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rafael Vela has DeCastro rated ahead of Brockers according to his information (about Dallas' short list). Matt Mosley has DeCastro as the pick if Barron is gone.

How do we know that DeCastro is rated behind Brockers?

There is some conflicting information being spread around.

Poe is still lurking, too.
  12. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,047 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I'm still baffled on the fact that most of us automatically expect whatever schefter says to be true. A few weeks ago, we were talking about trading down for barron. Now we are talking about trading up for him? I think there is a good chance he will be there at 14. However, I will vomit if we take Brockers.
  13. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I will literally have a conniption if we draft Poe.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    880 Likes Received
    I don't think it's out of the question. I was high on him, then low on him and I'm starting to even out. I think there will be better prospects available but I won't cry if we draft Poe or anything. I'd certainly be happier with Poe than Brockers.
  15. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Poe is a wasted pick IMO. He is a project and not even a guaranteed difference maker. Why waste a #14 pick on someone like that? #14 is a good position to be in. Taking Poe is a HUGE risk when you're still building a foundation.
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,614 Messages
    2,005 Likes Received
    If Claiborne fell to 7 somehow, THEN I'd talk to Jacksonville.
    Then again, it sounds like they are somewhat desperate to trade down, so maybe the deal wouldn't be as costly as I fear.
  17. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,281 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    Yeah, there is. Since it seems a consensus that we'll take Barron if he is there, and to expect Brockers if Barron is gone, then I suppose it'll be DeCastro after all.