1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Adam Schefter Tweets About The Draft *Merge*

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Phoenix, Apr 23, 2012.

1. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,344 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Didn't know this, Thanks for the info!
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,462 Messages
    6,164 Likes Received
    Cool.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,872 Messages
    2,134 Likes Received
    They have some updated trade charts, but suspect even they are out of whack somewhat.

The argument that a top ten pick may be less valuable based on the 5th year claus is not intirely true though. Top tem picks are more team friendly now than they were a couple of years ago. I think we all know that. But maybe the jump fro 12 to 9 (for example) may be less based on the arbirtray cutoff at pick 10 for salalry escalations.

I guess maybe a new chart could reflect that.

In the end, it does like pick 14 is in a bit of sweet spot.
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,698 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    If Schefter is right, the one thing I fear (sort of), is a situation like we had a few years ago, where every team was taking the whole time to make their pick, simply because they were waiting for the phones to ring. I know that's part of the deal, but when about 20 teams in a row do that, it makes the first round that much longer (and later). I think it was after that year, that they shortened the first round to 10 min per pick, instead of 15, so that helps.
  5. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,671 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    The news above at length of contracts could mean a lot of people not interested in trading into the top ten but making those picks from 11-15 to be very popular.